Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 89   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Fish!  (Read 498349 times)
Old Tider
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1634

Old Tider

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: August 16, 2012, 09:33:10 AM »

Get your lottery tickets. Powerball is up to $320M, 4th largest pot of all time.

Click here for link

That might be worth a ride over to P'cola.

Hit the powerball and you will not have to look for a job. Make your wife keep her job so you and little CB can hang out visiting the Smithsonian in DC and Camden Yards in Baltimore. There's a lot to do up there you will not have any trouble spending the money. Of course you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning while driving to P'cola than winning the lottery.

Well, my purchase turned out to be a Powerless-ball.
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6111

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 17, 2012, 07:21:57 AM »

I am moving my youngest daughter into the dorm at North Alabama today. She is excited and nervous at the same time. My wife is about to have a nervous breakdown. No more kids at home. I am studying the checkbook trying to figure out how to pay for another kid in copllege. My oldest graduated in May. At least I don't have two at the same time.

BTW, this is the 5th year in a row that Alabama State schools tuition has increased.  Angry
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 17, 2012, 11:19:46 AM »

I am moving my youngest daughter into the dorm at North Alabama today. She is excited and nervous at the same time. My wife is about to have a nervous breakdown. No more kids at home. I am studying the checkbook trying to figure out how to pay for another kid in copllege. My oldest graduated in May. At least I don't have two at the same time.

BTW, this is the 5th year in a row that Alabama State schools tuition has increased.  Angry

It's brutal.  During my time at the Capstone, tuition for a full time student increased from $1350 to $2150/semester.  The high end was Spring 2004.
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 17, 2012, 06:50:27 PM »

It's brutal.  During my time at the Capstone, tuition for a full time student increased from $1350 to $2150/semester.  The high end was Spring 2004.

Tuition at UNA is $222 per credit hour. Other state schools are similar. That is $3,330 for 15 hr which I consider full load. It is $6,600 for room, meals, tuition and fees per semester. We also bought books today at $419.

When I said it has gone up 5 years in a row that is my first hand knowledge. It may have been going up like this for years. She is a good student so she gets a small scholarship. As a white male parent with a job I don't get nothing.
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 18, 2012, 08:45:30 PM »

Tuition at UNA is $222 per credit hour. Other state schools are similar. That is $3,330 for 15 hr which I consider full load. It is $6,600 for room, meals, tuition and fees per semester. We also bought books today at $419.

When I said it has gone up 5 years in a row that is my first hand knowledge. It may have been going up like this for years. She is a good student so she gets a small scholarship. As a white male parent with a job I don't get nothing.

As soon as I get all these rascals through school, myself with Mrs. BAMAWV want to go back to school.  The 5 of them should be able to all "chip-in" and send us, or I'll just steal things out of their yards until I make back what we've spent on their educations. Anyone want to start a new frat/sorority (OLD OMEGA? RUT RHO?)?

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 18, 2012, 08:46:35 PM »

As soon as I get all these rascals through school, myself with Mrs. BAMAWV want to go back to school.  The 5 of them should be able to all "chip-in" and send us, or I'll just steal things out of their yards until I make back what we've spent on their educations. Anyone want to start a new frat/sorority (OLD OMEGA? RUT RHO?)?

Laughing Laughing

I would love to go back myself.  Maybe then I could get some football tickets.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 19, 2012, 05:04:07 PM »

Laughing Laughing

I would love to go back myself.  Maybe then I could get some football tickets.
All those dead broke college kids-- we'll be rolling (Tide) in tickets. Have them wash our trucks while we are at BDS.

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 20, 2012, 08:56:05 AM »

I don't know if I am going to get much from my kids. Recent history says they are takers not givers. I will just be glad when they can pay their own car insurance.
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 20, 2012, 03:48:59 PM »

I don't know if I am going to get much from my kids. Recent history says they are takers not givers. I will just be glad when they can pay their own car insurance.
Laughing I just got my first, "You're gonna be a Granddaddy" call. This crap never stops. It all started out with a couple Budweisers and some line about her havin' pretty feet. Death row convicts at least know the date they can get out. The only thing that makes me feel even the slightest bit better, is knowing you fell for the same tricks!

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 20, 2012, 04:30:48 PM »

I saw WV post on another thread about hating to drop people off at the arport if you were not flying. It reminded me of something that happened many years ago.

I was living in Nebraska and my wife, child and I was flying home to B'ham for my grandmother's funeral. I flew out of Omaha and had a layover in Chicago. The next leg was a quick stop in Huntsville and on in to B'ham. We landed in Huntsville and the pilot said there was a problem with the plane and all B'ham passengers needed to deboard. Instead of getting another airplane they put us on a bus for the 90 minute trip to B'ham. My father was there to pick us up.

At the funeral I overheard my Dad and Uncle talking. My uncle said something along the lines of pmull seems to be doing alright. My Dad said "Yea I guess so. He said he was flying home and showed up on a bus."
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 20, 2012, 07:00:22 PM »

I saw WV post on another thread about hating to drop people off at the arport if you were not flying. It reminded me of something that happened many years ago.

I was living in Nebraska and my wife, child and I was flying home to B'ham for my grandmother's funeral. I flew out of Omaha and had a layover in Chicago. The next leg was a quick stop in Huntsville and on in to B'ham. We landed in Huntsville and the pilot said there was a problem with the plane and all B'ham passengers needed to deboard. Instead of getting another airplane they put us on a bus for the 90 minute trip to B'ham. My father was there to pick us up.

At the funeral I overheard my Dad and Uncle talking. My uncle said something along the lines of pmull seems to be doing alright. My Dad said "Yea I guess so. He said he was flying home and showed up on a bus."
That's a classic. I logged in to tell a story but now I'm not sure mine is any good. But here goes:

I rec'd a call on my business/private (unlisted) line a couple of hours ago to tell me MRSBAMAWV was sleeping around. I have a recorder in my desk, but while reaching for it I remembered taking the batteries out to put in something else. I've told this story about 5 times already and each time is a little different, but I'll do my best to get it close.

POOR OL' BAMAWV: Hello (cheerful as always)

CALLER: You better watch out for your wife

POOR OL' BAMAWV: Who's calling?

CALLER: Don't worry who this is-- she's #%&^@*% every guy in Putnam County.

POOR OL' BAMAWV: Are you sure? [ from BAMAINBIGD-- check in mail]

CALLER: As sure as anything ever. I have proof.

POOR OL' BAMAWV: Well how was it?

CALLER: I don't... hey I'm calling to tell you your woman is #@$%^&$ around and you don't seem that worried about it.

POOR OL' BAMAWV: Just wondering if I can make any money-- you say ALL of Putnam County?

CALLER: She said you were mean. [caller sounds like he may be starting to cry] You don't deserve her.

POOR OL' BAMAWV: I don't deserve HER? Didn't you just say she was #@$@^%& all of Putnam County? Heck,-- that's a big county! So it sounds like you've been in the middle of it-- am I right?

CALLER: You just better not hurt her-- that's all I can say you SOB!

POOR OL' BAMAWV:  That's hurtful, man. I haven't called you any names.

CALLER: Sorry. It is just so sensitive of a subject. I wish I hadn't called you.

POOR OL' BAMAWV: Well at least you got some practice in--I have another call and have to go--- what number were you calling?

CALLER: Uh,uh, uh 000-000-0000.

POOR OL' BAMAWV: Yeah, you misdialed. I hope things go better when you reach the real guy.  See ya bye!

[He called right back (I guess by redial) and it took a little longer to blow him off.]

You don't have days on the phone like that everyday. First the G'Dad thing and then this. WOW! Grin

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 07:03:50 PM by BAMAWV » Logged

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 20, 2012, 08:01:50 PM »

Several years ago a guy that works in our plant who was from Hartselle, a town of about 10,000, was going out with a girl who some of the guys said had a bad reputation. One guy, trying to be a good friend, pulled him to the side and told him his girlfriend had slept with every guy in Hartselle. He thought about it for a minute and responded "Hartselle ani't no big town".
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:14:16 PM by pmull » Logged
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 21, 2012, 09:40:25 AM »

Good stuff, guys. Congrats, WV, on the Granddad news.

A friend of mine years ago told me a story about him going to a party one time. He said there was a "drop-dead-gorgeous" girl there that he pursued and ended up with for the night. They're lying in bed and my friend said his chest was all poked out and he was feeling like Superman, then asked her as he was laid back smoking his cigerette "Out of all the guys at this party, you could have had anybody you wanted. What made you decide to end up with me?" She replied "Because I've done all the others".
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 22, 2012, 03:47:08 PM »

I may have to visit this thread more often if you rascals keep up the story tellin'.  I never can tell when WV is being serious though.
Old Tider
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1634

Old Tider

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 25, 2012, 04:46:31 PM »

I may have to visit this thread more often if you rascals keep up the story tellin'.

I wondered where the Little Rascals had gone.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 89   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 426
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0