Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 883 884 885 886 [887] 888 889 890 891 ... 3917   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD***  (Read 13035238 times)
cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2889

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #13290 on: September 29, 2011, 10:28:17 AM »

I am glad you guys had this conversation about leaves. It has cleansed our minds of the pitiful diatribe that Jumbo CB and I engaged in yesterday about the weather.  

I certainly learned MY lesson, Dumbo 2.   

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #13291 on: September 29, 2011, 10:28:18 AM »

We have a rare Thursday night high school game tonight. Austin is playing Coach Hank Crisp's Shades Valley team tonight at home in Decatur. We hope to go to 5-1 on the season. I'm looking forward to it. We are looking good for the playoffs but we still have two very tough games at Gadsden and Clay-Caulkville at home.

Austin should win easily. I don't think the Shades Valley football team is as bad as their 0-5 record indicates. They have played some of the best teams in the state and have been out matched. They had a chance to beat Pell City but blew it. The other losses came against better more talented teams in Mt. Brook, Gadsden City, Clay-Caulkville, and Hueytown.

Mountain Brook 35 - 0

Pell City 41 - 33

Gadsden City 49 - 0

Clay-Chalkville 41 - 7

Hueytown 36 - 20

This is the second time this year that Shades Valley Band won't travel to the game. The other was Gadsden City. JC sux!

Sad
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6111

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #13292 on: September 29, 2011, 11:11:36 AM »

We have a rare Thursday night high school game tonight. Austin is playing Coach Hank Crisp's Shades Valley team tonight at home in Decatur. We hope to go to 5-1 on the season. I'm looking forward to it. We are looking good for the playoffs but we still have two very tough games at Gadsden and Clay-Caulkville at home.

Austin should win easily. I don't think the Shades Valley football team is as bad as their 0-5 record indicates. They have played some of the best teams in the state and have been out matched. They had a chance to beat Pell City but blew it. The other losses came against better more talented teams in Mt. Brook, Gadsden City, Clay-Caulkville, and Hueytown.

Mountain Brook 35 - 0

Pell City 41 - 33

Gadsden City 49 - 0

Clay-Chalkville 41 - 7

Hueytown 36 - 20

This is the second time this year that Shades Valley Band won't travel to the game. The other was Gadsden City. JC sux!

I hate you will not be coming to Decatur for the game. It would have been nice to meet you. Ya'll have played a tough schedule. We are pretty good. We should make the playoffs and maybe win a game. I don't think we are good enough to make a deep playoff run. Does Shades Valley fans travel well. I know last year we had as many people at your home game as your team did?

Not to rub in in but we travel to all games. The Decatur paper did a study and no other team in the state has to travel as far as we do. We have away area games against Oxford, Pell City, Gadsden and Huffman. Our average road game is 120 miles.
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 983

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #13293 on: September 29, 2011, 12:39:56 PM »

Mountain Brook 35 - 0

Pell City 41 - 33

Gadsden City 49 - 0

Clay-Chalkville 41 - 7

Hueytown 36 - 20

I hate you will not be coming to Decatur for the game. It would have been nice to meet you. Ya'll have played a tough schedule. We are pretty good. We should make the playoffs and maybe win a game. I don't think we are good enough to make a deep playoff run. Does Shades Valley fans travel well. I know last year we had as many people at your home game as your team did?

Not to rub in in but we travel to all games. The Decatur paper did a study and no other team in the state has to travel as far as we do. We have away area games against Oxford, Pell City, Gadsden and Huffman. Our average road game is 120 miles.

No they don't.

The Shades Valley campus is located in Irondale, just on the city limits of Mt. Brook and Birmingham. An economically depressed area.

A large majority of the 360 students that attend Jefferson County International Baccalaureate High School all ride busses from all over the county to attend the school.

Many of those students don't attend the games like a normal high school because they live so far away.

The SV band is made up of a large majority of IB students. The football team is all Shades Valley students except for 3 IB kids.

The parents of the players and band members are all the ones that travel to the games.

I am proud of my son and his grades at JCIB. He finished high in his class last year.

JCIB school is great and ranked as one of the best high schools in the country.

Here is a link about JCIB from May 2010. JCIB is usually ranked in the top 5 high schools in the country each year.

Click here for link

Jefferson County International Baccalaureate School ranked second among nation's public high schools, Newsweek magazine says

There are 1,600 American high schools in Newsweek's latest list of the nation's top public schools but Jefferson County's International Baccalaureate School places among the best of the best by landing in second place, according the latest rankings in the annual ratings by the magazine.

The rankings are based on the schools' students taking advanced placement college-level courses and tests. The 1,600 schools listed represent 6 percent of the public schools in the U.S., according to the magazine. 

Click here for link

The Washington Posts High School Challenge

Jefferson County International Baccalaureate School was the top-ranked school when Newsweek made the list an annual feature in 2005. In May, the school also placed sixth in the Washington Post’s High School Challenge, which included more than 1,900 U.S. public high schools.

RANK SCHOOL                     CITY STATE
1 Science/Engineering Magnet Dallas TX
2 Talented and Gifted            Dallas TX
3 Corbett Charter                 Corbett OR
4 BASIS Tucson                   Tucson AZ       
5 Stanton College Prep          Jacksonville FL
6 Jefferson County IB            Birmingham AL

Go Mounties! Maybe we can meet next year when Austin travels to Valley.

I just hope Jefferson counties funding issues doesn't interfere with the schools any more.

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #13294 on: September 29, 2011, 12:53:55 PM »

Mountain Brook 35 - 0

Pell City 41 - 33

Gadsden City 49 - 0

Clay-Chalkville 41 - 7

Hueytown 36 - 20

No they don't.

The Shades Valley campus is located in Irondale, just on the city limits of Mt. Brook and Birmingham. An economically depressed area.

A large majority of the 360 students that attend Jefferson County International Baccalaureate High School all ride busses from all over the county to attend the school.

Many of those students don't attend the games like a normal high school because they live so far away.

The SV band is made up of a large majority of IB students. The football team is all Shades Valley students except for 3 IB kids.

The parents of the players and band members are all the ones that travel to the games.

I am proud of my son and his grades at JCIB. He finished high in his class last year.

Here is a link about JCIB from May 2010. JCIB is usually ranked in the top 5 high schools in the country each year.

Click here for link

Jefferson County International Baccalaureate School ranked second among nation's public high schools, Newsweek magazine says

There are 1,600 American high schools in Newsweek's latest list of the nation's top public schools but Jefferson County's International Baccalaureate School places among the best of the best by landing in second place, according the latest rankings in the annual ratings by the magazine.

The rankings are based on the schools' students taking advanced placement college-level courses and tests. The 1,600 schools listed represent 6 percent of the public schools in the U.S., according to the magazine. 

Click here for link

Jefferson County International Baccalaureate School was the top-ranked school when Newsweek made the list an annual feature in 2005. In May, the school also placed sixth in the Washington Post’s High School Challenge, which included more than 1,900 U.S. public high schools.

I just hope Jefferson counties funding issues doesn't interfere with the schools any more.

Austin is an IB school. It is a big selling point to businesses that are looking at locating here. Excellant education and the scholarship opportunities are unbelievable.
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #13295 on: September 29, 2011, 01:03:18 PM »

Mountain Brook 35 - 0

Pell City 41 - 33

Gadsden City 49 - 0

Clay-Chalkville 41 - 7

Hueytown 36 - 20

No they don't.

Click here for link

Click here for link

Austin is an IB school. It is a big selling point to businesses that are looking at locating here. Excellant education and the scholarship opportunities are unbelievable.

Yeah, I knew Austin was an IB school. Great opportunities for the students. Last year a senior JCIB girl received a $250,000 dollar scholarship offer to Southern Cal. She had another one for that much to Moorehead State. Two of the leading seniors received new laptops from Google. My son is going to try out for the MDB and try to earn a scholarship. 35% of the MDB members are on scholarships.

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #13296 on: September 29, 2011, 01:04:55 PM »

Pat Dooley of The Gainesville Sun Tweet:

@pat_dooley
Pat Dooley Alabama is 28-3 since the Florida-Hawaii losses to end 2008 season. Florida is 25-6 during that stretch.

I think he meant the Florida-Utah losses to end 2008. I was surprised Florida was 25-6 during that stretch.
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2961

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #13297 on: September 29, 2011, 02:38:08 PM »

Yeah, I knew Austin was an IB school. Great opportunities for the students. Last year a senior JCIB girl received a $250,000 dollar scholarship offer to Southern Cal. She had another one for that much to Moorehead State. Two of the leading seniors received new laptops from Google. My son is going to try out for the MDB and try to earn a scholarship. 35% of the MDB members are on scholarships.

I went to high school over in the Shoals area.  I won our county math competition for my class every year except one (5 of 6 years).  We went to the math competition over at Austin a couple times and I got smoked.  They had schools from Atlanta, Florida, etc there.  I was just a kid from a little country school that had K-12 all on the same campus.   Embarrassed
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:40:58 PM by Hannibal Lecter, MD » Logged
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #13298 on: September 29, 2011, 02:48:28 PM »

I went to high school over in the Shoals area.  I won our county math competition for my class every year except one.  We went to the math competition over at Austin a couple times and I got smoked.  They had schools from Atlanta, Florida, etc there.  I was just a kid from a little country school that had K-12 all on the same campus.   Embarrassed

I did not grow up in Decatur, I went K-12 in B'ham. My youngest is a senior at Austin this year. Both my daughters went K-12 in the Decatur School System. I can not imagine anyone getting a better public school education than my kids received. Great academics, sports, band, etc. My oldest is going to Montevallo now on an academic scholarship. My youngest will be getting scholarship help as well. She has not made her final decision on where she is going yet.
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #13299 on: September 29, 2011, 03:01:45 PM »

How did this thread evolve from animal health to grade school?

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #13300 on: September 29, 2011, 03:04:21 PM »

I wanted to talk about the weather but I was afraid of being called names.  Sad
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #13301 on: September 29, 2011, 04:24:46 PM »

I wanted to talk about the weather but I was afraid of being called names.  Sad
I was a little put off at the name calling stuff, too.

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #13302 on: September 29, 2011, 10:25:43 PM »

ConanOBrien Conan O'Brien
Remember, Red Sox fans, they still have to live in Tampa.
7 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Conan is from Boston and a Red Sox fan. He also graduated from Harvard.

Conan got thousands of complaints from Tampa fans.

Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #13303 on: September 29, 2011, 10:39:17 PM »

My daughter sent me this picture tonight! RTR!

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #13304 on: September 29, 2011, 10:45:05 PM »

My daughter sent me this picture tonight! RTR!

What a wonderful child!

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 885 886 [887] 888 889 890 891 ... 3917   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 255
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0