Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 1137 1138 ... 3917   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD***  (Read 13041811 times)
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 983

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #16995 on: December 21, 2011, 06:06:21 AM »

GM to all you fellow Tide Fans!

Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #16996 on: December 21, 2011, 08:05:22 AM »

Good morning all.  Only 10 days left in 2011.
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #16997 on: December 21, 2011, 12:43:16 PM »

Rainy and a little chilly this afternoon. What goes along good?

Only 1 rack remaining.

Nap time.

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6111

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #16998 on: December 21, 2011, 01:22:09 PM »

Rainy and a little chilly this afternoon. What goes along good?

Only 1 rack remaining.

Nap time.

Sad
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #16999 on: December 22, 2011, 04:22:41 AM »

"GM"    Angry Angry

"Good morning.  Problem so early?"
Yeah. Thanks for asking. Better start for today. RTR and, "Good morning". 

Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #17000 on: December 22, 2011, 05:12:41 AM »

"GM"    Angry Angry

"Good morning.  Problem so early?"
Yeah. Thanks for asking. Better start for today. RTR and, "Good morning". 

"Good morning and Roll Tide."
Coffee is perking.

Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #17001 on: December 22, 2011, 06:27:41 AM »

Bruno CZ and the squirrels.

Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #17002 on: December 22, 2011, 08:54:04 AM »

Crocs?   
Yellow Pup
Grad Student

E-Cred: 388

Male

Yellow Pup

View Profile
« Reply #17003 on: December 22, 2011, 09:12:30 AM »

Crocs?   
As hot as it is, you could be wearing short britches and flip flops.   78 here yesterday.    Snowing

"You got to do more than just live in the country to be a Farmer.”
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #17004 on: December 22, 2011, 09:29:34 AM »

Crocs?   
As hot as it is, you could be wearing short britches and flip flops.   78 here yesterday.    Snowing

Oh I wear flip flops in 40 degree weather.  But Crocs?
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #17005 on: December 22, 2011, 04:38:55 PM »

Crocs?  
As hot as it is, you could be wearing short britches and flip flops.   78 here yesterday.    Snowing

Oh I wear flip flops in 40 degree weather.  But Crocs?
For the casual hunter around the deck?

Plastic never crossed my mind when making footwear decisions. Timberlane. Wolverine, Carhartt, Georgia, Carolina, and the longtime favorite Red Wings.

Drive with your floorheater "off", maybe on defrost. Keeps feet dry until you actually need the extra grams of thinsulate you wasted $$$ on. Try about 200 grams of thinsulate--that'll do you from South Alabama to Northern British Columbia.

We had a early 20's bartender at our local bar. She listened as one guy told a work boot story. Then another, a third, and a fourth. Finally into the evening she said, "Do you guys know you have been talking about nothing but work boots for 4 hours now?" LOL

It's also bewildered me that if for instance, I was to tell the "Goal Line Stand Story" or "The Stanford Band" incident, they might be politely acknowledged and talk would return to work, hunting, guns, trucks, or maybe trout. Gloves and sleeves are for fairydiddles, cars are what we pull out of ditches on the way to or from work. When my boys leave their house in tha AM their mental checklist will include: Chainsaw (gas, wrench, oil), extra shells, pocket-size spiral ring notepad, Swisher Sweets and Skoal. Many have to carry extra toothpicks but I've seen some go through the day with the one they started with (waste not, want not).  We use our face for the ID (wallet optional) and our keys are in the ignition (some guys have waited as long as ten years hoping someone would steal their truck --LOL).

Our talk sometimes turns to the kitchen. [Insert "Stove broke?" joke here] But all recipes start out with, "I blowed his head off over near Stamping Creek..." Sometimes the conversation zigs instead of zagging at that juncture, with the argument over why "Stamping Creek" is not spelled "Stomping Creek". I have my convictions but would welcome any insight you may have. Anyway, I've never heard many say, "My woman's Venison Roast tastes like shi_!" If somehow this was all coordinated with the women, so an hour or so after running his mouth, her happy a$$ stops by with a little for everyone to try a bite or two.

The days of the six hour "Happy Hour" are almost over. Johnny Law has won that war. I know what y'all are thinking, but most of us grew up riding bikes and camping with the "High Sheriff". So killing him is not the solution.

The only other thing I have to add is that the logger guys swear by rolling down the window as they get closer to the job site each morning.  

« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 04:53:06 PM by BAMAWV » Logged

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6111

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #17006 on: December 22, 2011, 04:50:47 PM »

Crocs?   

Plastic never crossed my mind when making footwear decisions. Timberlane. Wolverine, Carhartt, Georgia, Carolina, and the longtime favorite Red Wings.

Drive with your floorheater "off", maybe on defrost. Keeps feet dry until you actually need the extra grams of thinsulate you wasted $$$ on. Try about 200 grams of thinsulate--that'll do you from South Alabama to Northern British Columbia.

We had a early 20's bartender at our local bar. She listened as one guy told a work boot story. Then another, a third, and a fourth. Finally into the evening she said, "Do you guys know you have been talking about nothing but work boots for 4 hours now?" LOL

It's also bewildered me that if for instance, I was to tell the "Goal Line Stand Story" or "The Stanford Band" incident, they might be politely acknowledged and talk would return to work, hunting, guns, trucks, or maybe trout. Gloves and sleeves are for fairydiddles, cars are what we pull out of ditches on the way to or from work. When my boys leave their house in tha AM their mental checklist will include: Chainsaw (gas, wrench, oil), extra shells, pocket-size spiral ring notepad, Swisher Sweets and Skoal. Many have to carry extra toothpicks but I've seen some go through the day with the one they started with (waste not, want not).  We use our face for the ID (wallet optional) and our keys are in the ignition (some guys have waited as long as ten years hoping someone would steal their truck --LOL).

Our talk sometimes turns to the kitchen. [Insert "Stove broke?" joke here] But all recipes start out with, "I blowed his head off over near Stamping Creek..." Sometimes the conversation zigs instead of zagging at that juncture, while the argument over why "Stamping Creek" is not spelled "Stomping Creek". I have my convictions but would welcome any insight you may have. Anyway, I've never heard many say, "My woman's Venison Roast tastes like shi_!" If somehow this was all coordinated with the women, so an hour or so after running his mouth, her happy a$$ stops by with a little for everyone to try a bite or two.

The days of the six hour "Happy Hour" are almost over. Johnny Law has won that war. I know what y'all are thinking, but most of us grew up riding bikes and camping with the "High Sheriff". So killing him is not the solution.

The only other thing I have to add is that the logger guys swear by rolling down the window as they get closer to the job site each morning.   

You got all that from those ghey plastic hunting shoes?  Huh?
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #17007 on: December 22, 2011, 04:59:04 PM »

Crocs?   

It's also bewildered me that if for instance, I was to tell the "Goal Line Stand Story" or "The Stanford Band" incident, they might be politely acknowledged and talk would return to work, hunting, guns, trucks, or maybe trout. Gloves and sleeves are for fairydiddles, cars are what we pull out of ditches on the way to or from work. When my boys leave their house in tha AM their mental checklist will include: Chainsaw (gas, wrench, oil), extra shells, pocket-size spiral ring notepad, Swisher Sweets and Skoal. Many have to carry extra toothpicks but I've seen some go through the day with the one they started with (waste not, want not).  We use our face for the ID (wallet optional) and our keys are in the ignition (some guys have waited as long as ten years hoping someone would steal their truck --LOL).

Our talk sometimes turns to the kitchen. [Insert "Stove broke?" joke here] But all recipes start out with, "I blowed his head off over near Stamping Creek..." Sometimes the conversation zigs instead of zagging at that juncture, while the argument over why "Stamping Creek" is not spelled "Stomping Creek". I have my convictions but would welcome any insight you may have. Anyway, I've never heard many say, "My woman's Venison Roast tastes like shi_!" If somehow this was all coordinated with the women, so an hour or so after running his mouth, her happy a$$ stops by with a little for everyone to try a bite or two.

Which, BTW, I've never worn.

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #17008 on: December 22, 2011, 05:18:54 PM »

Crocs?   

Just a few random thoughts (notes). I started to begin a whole new thread but figured that would be really DA. Doing the best I can to overlook the CAT fashion statement, it's always possible the shoes were a gift. I'm not a big fan of squirrel but the gravy is another story. It is as if squirrels have an annual convention to collectively brainstorm new ways to screw up a fellow's house.

2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #17009 on: December 22, 2011, 06:17:45 PM »

Crocs?   

Just a few random thoughts (notes). I started to begin a whole new thread but figured that would be really DA. Doing the best I can to overlook the CAT fashion statement, it's always possible the shoes were a gift. I'm not a big fan of squirrel but the gravy is another story. It is as if squirrels have an annual convention to collectively brainstorm new ways to screw up a fellow's house.

True. When we bought this house, there were squirrels in the attic. We learned that during the home inspection. I had a guy come and get them out. He found where they were getting in and sealed it up. That was 6 1/2 years ago. Luckily, we haven't had any more occurrences.
Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 1137 1138 ... 3917   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 449
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0