Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 1372 1373 1374 1375 [1376] 1377 1378 1379 1380 ... 3917   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD***  (Read 13032169 times)
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #20625 on: July 31, 2012, 07:11:15 AM »

"Good morning from Virginia."

LOOOOOONG drive yesterday for LF and me, but we got here (Charlottesville) safely.  I have meetings this morning, but will check in later this afternoon.

Hope all of you are well.   Cheesy

Good to see your smiling face. Glad your trip was safe. I've got the sick grandson today which means little or no production from me today. Will be a day of cars and puzzles, if he feels up to it.
Leroy
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 1906

Leroy

View Profile
« Reply #20626 on: July 31, 2012, 07:37:27 AM »

LOOOOOONG drive yesterday for LF and me, but we got here (Charlottesville) safely.  I have meetings this morning, but will check in later this afternoon.

Good to see your smiling face. Glad your trip was safe. I've got the sick grandson today which means little or no production from me today. Will be a day of cars and puzzles, if he feels up to it.

Coffee

Goooood Mornin from work.  Good to hear you had a safe trip Chech...hope the boy feels like playing cars and helping you with a puzzle later 2S  Wink

Thunderstorms on the way here...will probably get fired up a lil earlier today.

Hope Y'all have a good day.

2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #20627 on: July 31, 2012, 08:35:04 AM »

Coffee

Goooood Mornin from work.  Good to hear you had a safe trip Chech...hope the boy feels like playing cars and helping you with a puzzle later 2S  Wink

Thunderstorms on the way here...will probably get fired up a lil earlier today.

Hope Y'all have a good day.

60% chance here. We had storm after storm yesterday. Even some severe stuff nearby. We're getting all the rain that the rest of the country is needing. Hope your getting the needed rain in your area, Leroy. Have a good day as well. Oh yeah, 32 days to go.  Dancing
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #20628 on: July 31, 2012, 10:47:47 AM »

Gooood Afternoon...or Mornin...depending on where you are.  

I've got a sore neck from a needle biopsy of a suspicious nodule on my thyroid gland that was done this morning on my way to work...not fun but not real bad either...won't get any results for at least a week but I believe it will probably come back okay.

Chech glad to hear your absence was only due to technical difficulties.

WV, my garden here at Camp Leroy isn't anywhere close to the size of yours at Fort BAMAWV...it probably only measures about 25 feet by 40 feet plus the edges of some of my Bride's flower beds...LOL..but you would be surprised how much you can grow in a space that small.  We grow all the tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, egg plants, cucumbers, squash and zuchinni that we can use in a year but I'd love to have more room for things like peas and beans and corn and other things that take a lot more room than I have.  

BTW WV...it's clear, hot and humid here today...afternoon thunderstorms predicted...forecast everyday for the next 5 days is 75/95 with a 50% chance of rain.....

Hope everyone is having and will continue to have a nice day... Cool
You can almost stand and watch your garden grow after a deep soaking rainfall. We haul buckets when necessary but it isn't the same. God waters better than we can and we use rabbit manure tea!

Our gardens are identical 30'x40' but I also have a special garden for corn and one for potatoes. Mrs. BAMAWV has a kitchen herb garden as well. We have a fenced blueberry orchard, blackberries, a grape arbor, apple orchards, cherry orchards, and about 8 peach trees. I luv me some summertime.

I have peeled tomatos until my fingerprints are permanently scolded off my fingers-- lol.

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
Leroy
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 1906

Leroy

View Profile
« Reply #20629 on: July 31, 2012, 11:56:44 AM »

I've got a sore neck from a needle biopsy of a suspicious nodule on my thyroid gland that was done this morning on my way to work...not fun but not real bad either...won't get any results for at least a week but I believe it will probably come back okay.

WV, my garden here at Camp Leroy isn't anywhere close to the size of yours at Fort BAMAWV...it probably only measures about 25 feet by 40 feet plus the edges of some of my Bride's flower beds...LOL..but you would be surprised how much you can grow in a space that small.  We grow all the tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, egg plants, cucumbers, squash and zuchinni that we can use in a year but I'd love to have more room for things like peas and beans and corn and other things that take a lot more room than I have.  

BTW WV...it's clear, hot and humid here today...afternoon thunderstorms predicted...forecast everyday for the next 5 days is 75/95 with a 50% chance of rain.....

You can almost stand and watch your garden grow after a deep soaking rainfall. We haul buckets when necessary but it isn't the same. God waters better than we can and we use rabbit manure tea!

Our gardens are identical 30'x40' but I also have a special garden for corn and one for potatoes. Mrs. BAMAWV has a kitchen herb garden as well. We have a fenced blueberry orchard, blackberries, a grape arbor, apple orchards, cherry orchards, and about 8 peach trees. I luv me some summertime.

I have peeled tomatos until my fingerprints are permanently scolded off my fingers-- lol.

LOL...WV, I know what you mean about the mater peeling.  We dunk our's in a big bowl of ice water when we take them out of the blanching/scalding  water before sliding the skins off.  

I saw what you said about fresh corn somewhere.  There is a lot of sweet grown in this arear and we buy our corn in the husk by the bushel at a packing plant.  The best way I've found to "put it up" is to shuck and silk it and roll each ear individually in a paper towel and wet it.  You can get 5 or 6 ears in a gallon zip-lock and put it in the freezer.  When you get ready to use it just take out as many ears as you want to use and run some cold water over them and the paper towel will slip right off.  The layer of ice keeps it looking and tasting fresh for a year or more.

We used to have a few fruit trees but we've had such bad luck with them that we quit trying.  Living here on the river bank it's so hot and humid that between the bugs and diseases they just don't stand much of a chance.

I agree with you on rainwater being better.  We've been getting enough of that this summer that we are having trouble with our tomatoes splitting before they get ripe on the vine so we've been picking them as soon as they get good and pink and letting the ripen in the window.  We pump out of the river when we don't get enough rain...that water comes with all the pesticides and fertilizer already in it...LOL.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 11:59:17 AM by Leroy » Logged

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #20630 on: July 31, 2012, 12:07:38 PM »

WV, my garden here at Camp Leroy isn't anywhere close to the size of yours at Fort BAMAWV...it probably only measures about 25 feet by 40 feet plus the edges of some of my Bride's flower beds...LOL..but you would be surprised how much you can grow in a space that small.  We grow all the tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, egg plants, cucumbers, squash and zuchinni that we can use in a year but I'd love to have more room for things like peas and beans and corn and other things that take a lot more room than I have. 

LOL...WV, I know what you mean about the mater peeling.  We dunk our's in a big bowl of ice water when we take them out of the blanching/scalding  water before sliding the skins off.   

I saw what you said about fresh corn somewhere.  There is a lot of sweet grown in this arear and we buy our corn in the husk by the bushel at a packing plant.  The best way I've found to "put it up" is to shuck and silk it and roll each ear individually in a paper towel and wet it.  You can get 5 or 6 ears in a gallon zip-lock and put it in the freezer.  When you get ready to use it just take out as many ears as you want to use and run some cold water over them and the paper towel will slip right off.  The layer of ice keeps it looking and tasting fresh for a year or more.

We used to have a few fruit trees but we've had such bad luck with them that we quit trying.  Living here on the river bank it's so hot and humid that between the bugs and diseases they just don't stand much of a chance.

I agree with you on rainwater being better.  We've been getting enough of that this summer that we are having trouble with our tomatoes splitting before they get ripe on the vine so we've been picking them as soon as they get good and pink and letting the ripen in the window.  We pump out of the river when we don't get enough rain...that water comes with all the pesticides and fertilizer already in it...LOL.

Laughing

Good thinking.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5063

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #20631 on: July 31, 2012, 02:21:58 PM »

Ahha, I finally got here. We got a lot of rain last night. It feels great outside. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #20632 on: July 31, 2012, 03:02:26 PM »

Ahha, I finally got here. We got a lot of rain last night. It feels great outside. RTR!

Congrats, Preacher, I know you needed it.
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #20633 on: July 31, 2012, 07:01:35 PM »

I got back from meetings in time for dinner tonight.  Now I'm settled for the Olympics.

BTW, I'm going to look at a knife collection tomorrow.  Wish me luck on buying it (old knives - yummy).

2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #20634 on: July 31, 2012, 07:47:02 PM »

I got back from meetings in time for dinner tonight.  Now I'm settled for the Olympics.

BTW, I'm going to look at a knife collection tomorrow.  Wish me luck on buying it (old knives - yummy).

If you get tired and want to know who won, let me know. I peeked.  Tongue
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #20635 on: August 01, 2012, 05:20:24 AM »

"Good morning."

I didn't "peek" at Olympics results; stayed up to watch the coverage until LATE.  Congrats to the champions, especially women gymnasts!

2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #20636 on: August 01, 2012, 07:28:40 AM »

"Good morning."

I didn't "peek" at Olympics results; stayed up to watch the coverage until LATE.  Congrats to the champions, especially women gymnasts!

I watched part of the gymnastics, even though I knew who won. The grandson wore me out yesterday, so I was in bed by 9:00.
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #20637 on: August 01, 2012, 07:55:18 AM »

I understand, 2.  Bad thing about the East coast (Eastern Time): 9:00 is 10:00!
 Sad

2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #20638 on: August 01, 2012, 08:02:45 AM »

Mrs. 2 and I have been married 31 years today. We will not celebrate until tomorrow since she has to go to Opp to take Memaw MawMaw to the doctor. Seems everybody is sick here lately.  Sad
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2961

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #20639 on: August 01, 2012, 08:51:54 AM »

Mrs. 2 and I have been married 31 years today. We will not celebrate until tomorrow since she has to go to Opp to take Memaw MawMaw to the doctor. Seems everybody is sick here lately.  Sad

Congratulations to you and the Mrs. Stater!
Pages: 1 ... 1372 1373 1374 1375 [1376] 1377 1378 1379 1380 ... 3917   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 259
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0