Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 1495 1496 1497 1498 [1499] 1500 1501 1502 1503 ... 3919   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD***  (Read 13074586 times)
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #22470 on: January 15, 2013, 07:21:29 AM »

Wow, Daily Thread has been like the barn's season lately: dead.

Just my two cents worth, but the big change to the forum, moving the Daily Thread and adding the robot didn't do much good for the forum, just the opposite. Just saying.

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #22471 on: January 15, 2013, 07:42:35 AM »

Just my two cents worth, but the big change to the forum, moving the Daily Thread and adding the robot didn't do much good for the forum, just the opposite. Just saying.

I think you are probably right about that.  I have a hard time understanding why that is a problem for people though.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #22472 on: January 15, 2013, 08:40:09 AM »

I think you are probably right about that.  I have a hard time understanding why that is a problem for people though.

I'm just basing my opinion on what I've seen since the change.

To me, the Crimson Red Daily represented the favorite coffee shop that all the fellows liked to hang out in and discuss whatever, including sports. It was on the main page of the, forum, which was very handy in switching to all of the main topic threads for the posters. There are always a difference in opinions in any "roundtable" discussion and it was a shame that the discussion got as heated as it did. There were some great conversations there and I would personally like to see it  changed back and maybe some of the past posters would see fit to return to the forum in an more active way. We all have had a heated difference of opinions in our lifetime and it's nothing wrong with that, but we must move on and enjoy what is left of of lifetime because there are no guarantees of how long that is.

The robot I think killed the desire of many to find news articles and post them on the forum to initiate a conversation. I personally don't find it enjoyable to have to go to the Wall-E thread to find something to chat about, it's about the same feeling as having to go to another page to get to the Crimson Red Daily.

This is just my opinion and maybe I won't get slammed too bad, but if it will help restore the forum to it's past, then it's well worth getting slammed. Wink

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #22473 on: January 15, 2013, 09:45:24 AM »

Wall-E provides a constant influx of new articles. This has been a great advancement if you are looking for news about the Crimson Tide. Jamos is right if what he was saying is the board has lost some of it's sense of community. But I think the trade off is well worth it. I fill the void in comraderie with real life friends and conversations. No other forum on the WWW that I have seen provides such a wealth of information. As for the DAILY THREAD weather reports, I just look out the window to keep up to date. JMHO and RTR

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6111

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #22474 on: January 15, 2013, 10:07:28 AM »

I like WALL-E World. There were several of us who spent a lot of time each day posting articles. Now we can spend our time reading and making comments and observations.
Old Tider
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1634

Old Tider

View Profile
« Reply #22475 on: January 15, 2013, 12:41:49 PM »

Moving the Daily Thread back might be the last nail in the Ferguson forum. I find no strain in clicking to that page. Maybe we need more threads of nutty news like we used to have.
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #22476 on: January 15, 2013, 08:38:57 PM »

Well all I'm saying is if the changes were for the betterment of the forum then why isn't there more activity on here now. I just wonder what the difference in number of posts per day is now  compared to what it was before the changes, there has to be a big difference.

It's a shame to see how this forum has dwindled down to almost nothing.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #22477 on: January 16, 2013, 04:42:39 AM »

First!  Coffee

Jamos, I hear what you are saying.  You make a lot of good points.  The activity is definitely lower than it was a few months ago, there is no question about that.  And the decrease in activity does coincide with about the time WALL-E was added and the Daily Thread was moved.

I have a little different take on it though.  In my opinion, the activity didn't decrease because WALL-E was added or the thread was moved.  Sure, some folks didn't like the thread being moved, and some folks don't care for WALL-E.  But I honestly don't see people leaving the site because of that.  You get used to the new place for the thread after a few days.  In fact we are all having a pretty good discussion in here right now.  And putting WALL-E in his own board makes it easy for the folks that don't like him to just ignore him.  To me it seems like these would be minor nuisances for a few people in the worst case, and big improvements in the eyes of some others.  But certainly not an issue that would make someone decide to never come back.

I think it has more to do with some of the heated arguments that were going on at that time.  I also wonder if some things may have been said using private messages that we are all unaware of.  But for whatever reason, it seems to me like some folks got mad, frustrated, got their feelings hurt, or whatever you want to call it, and just decided that they have better things to do in life than to get sucked in to constantly bickering with people over the internet.  I know from personal experience back on TideSports that if you are constantly having to defend yourself or argue with someone every time you log on it gets old in a hurry and before long you don't even bother coming around that much.

I could be wrong, but that is my take on it.  I wish it were as simple as moving a thread or tweaking/getting rid of WALL-E, but I am afraid that really has very little to do with it.  That is unfortunate too, because those things are easily remedied.  Conflicts among posters are much harder to resolve.  The most disappointing part of all of this is that there really isn't anything that I can do to fix it (at least not that I am aware of).  I guess in hindsight I should have done a much better job of enforcing some of the rules and putting a stop to some of the disrespectful things that were said before it got out of hand.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #22478 on: January 16, 2013, 06:24:21 AM »

I guess it is what it is then. Wink

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #22479 on: January 17, 2013, 05:23:16 AM »

First!  Coffee

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #22480 on: January 17, 2013, 05:25:52 AM »

Maybe we should start a joke thread in honor of Manti Te'o.  It is what we do so well around here.

Old Tider
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1634

Old Tider

View Profile
« Reply #22481 on: January 20, 2013, 01:37:40 PM »

Maybe we should start a joke thread in honor of Manti Te'o.  It is what we do so well around here.

I think we ran out of Te'o jokes during the NC game.
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5063

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #22482 on: January 20, 2013, 01:49:04 PM »

Well I like it all. I just love the posts and discussions about Alabama sports. I hope I never offend or do anything to hurt someone but this is the best site I ever been on. Great job. SUPERCOACH. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2889

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #22483 on: January 21, 2013, 12:15:03 PM »

Well, I'm not going to argue on what caused people to leave or whether Wall-E is good, or whether moving the Daily Thread was a problem. My reason for coming here is twofold: I get to stay in contact with fellow Bama fans and discuss athletics with them (which is even more important for me now that I am outside the state); two, there is a camaraderie about being on here. Look, I have my own face-to-face friends as well, but I consider the other posters on here friends as well, even though I have never met a single one of you in person. Friends tend to share common interests, and that is why ... SNIFF SNIFF ... I LOVE YOU GUYS  Cry Cry Cry Cry .

I'm OK now. Anyway, I will not allow some things that have happened in the past ruin my experience here. I have had my share of thin-skinned moments on here, but I have always shook them off. All of you regulars on here for the most part have been here since the beginning, and you also remember the mess that TideSports could be at times. This forum is light years better. Kudos to SC for all the work he puts into this, and kudos to all of you guys who make it entertaining for me on here (even WV  Wink Cheesy ). Bless you guys, and ROLL TIDE!

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #22484 on: January 21, 2013, 06:21:35 PM »

Well, I'm not going to argue on what caused people to leave or whether Wall-E is good, or whether moving the Daily Thread was a problem. My reason for coming here is twofold: I get to stay in contact with fellow Bama fans and discuss athletics with them (which is even more important for me now that I am outside the state); two, there is a camaraderie about being on here. Look, I have my own face-to-face friends as well, but I consider the other posters on here friends as well, even though I have never met a single one of you in person. Friends tend to share common interests, and that is why ... SNIFF SNIFF ... I LOVE YOU GUYS  Cry Cry Cry Cry .

I'm OK now. Anyway, I will not allow some things that have happened in the past ruin my experience here. I have had my share of thin-skinned moments on here, but I have always shook them off. All of you regulars on here for the most part have been here since the beginning, and you also remember the mess that TideSports could be at times. This forum is light years better. Kudos to SC for all the work he puts into this, and kudos to all of you guys who make it entertaining for me on here (especially WV Cheesy ). Bless you guys, and ROLL TIDE!
FIFY

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
Pages: 1 ... 1495 1496 1497 1498 [1499] 1500 1501 1502 1503 ... 3919   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 173
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0