Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 1500 1501 1502 1503 [1504] 1505 1506 1507 1508 ... 3917   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD***  (Read 13053061 times)
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6111

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #22545 on: March 03, 2013, 08:00:22 AM »

Wassup guys! Hope all is well. Disappointed in the outcome of the Bama game today, but do want to point out that my boys and girls from Catholic U. won the Landmark Conference over the weekend and will be representin' in the Division 3 Big Dance. Go Cards!

I hope you are backing your team. Little CB will remember Dad taking him to see the Cards play for the rest of his life. Some of my best memories of my Dad is him taking me to Rickwood Field to see the A's (later became the Baron's again) play or to BIR to see the Friday races. Fun times.

I love these small school sports. I played baseball when I was at West Alabama (Livingston University in my days) many years ago. Last year my oldest daughter was a senior at Montevallo so she got me following their men's basketball team. They made a run to the championship game in the NCAA Division II Tournament. That game was on CBS right before the Semi-final Final Four games.

I will be pulling for the Cards.
cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2889

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #22546 on: March 03, 2013, 01:07:44 PM »

Wassup guys! Hope all is well. Disappointed in the outcome of the Bama game today, but do want to point out that my boys and girls from Catholic U. won the Landmark Conference over the weekend and will be representin' in the Division 3 Big Dance. Go Cards!

I hope you are backing your team. Little CB will remember Dad taking him to see the Cards play for the rest of his life. Some of my best memories of my Dad is him taking me to Rickwood Field to see the A's (later became the Baron's again) play or to BIR to see the Friday races. Fun times.

I love these small school sports. I played baseball when I was at West Alabama (Livingston University in my days) many years ago. Last year my oldest daughter was a senior at Montevallo so she got me following their men's basketball team. They made a run to the championship game in the NCAA Division II Tournament. That game was on CBS right before the Semi-final Final Four games.

I will be pulling for the Cards.

Didn't get him to any games this year, but I plan on taking him next season. There is a chance that I can go to one of the tourney games (they play them on campus), so I might try to do that with him. There is also a minor league team just a few miles away (Bowie Baysox, an Orioles affiliate) so I will probably check into tickets for that as well (though certain O's tickets aren't too expensive, either).

Hey brother ricky, I hope so. They have looked good in the spring, but you and I both know that that doesn't always matter (Braves during their division run had some lousy springs). Hopefully, though, Buck will find some good young pitching to backup the bats. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:10:07 PM by cbbama99 » Logged

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
Leroy
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 1906

Leroy

View Profile
« Reply #22547 on: March 07, 2013, 05:56:57 AM »

ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5063

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #22548 on: March 07, 2013, 09:57:41 AM »

I would have never made it through childhood. lol, RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #22549 on: March 07, 2013, 09:13:34 PM »

Laughing

I know the picture was meant as a joke and it is pretty funny, but I will take this opportunity to rant a little.

Studies like this annoy me.  There is no possible way to correlate consumption of bacon to your lifespan.  If you only ate bacon your whole life, and there were maybe 100 sets of identical twins where 1 ate bacon for every meal and 1 never ate bacon and everything else was the same, then you might be able to draw a conclusion.  It could very well just be that people who smoke like bacon more than the average population, or any number of millions of other things.  Maybe people who eat bacon don't like to exercise as often as people who don't eat bacon.  I don't dispute that there may be a study out there somewhere that shows that people who eat bacon don't live as long, but that doesn't necessarily mean that bacon is the cause of the shorter life span.  I remember 20 years ago they used to say eggs where bad for you.  Now I think they are saying that eggs are good for you.  What happened?  Did our bodies "evolve" into efficient egg processing machines in 20 years?  No, egg farmers got together and funded their own research.  Too many so called scientists like to make huge leaps in logic to support the theory they are trying to prove.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #22550 on: March 07, 2013, 10:29:12 PM »

Laughing

I know the picture was meant as a joke and it is pretty funny, but I will take this opportunity to rant a little.

Studies like this annoy me.  There is no possible way to correlate consumption of bacon to your lifespan.  If you only ate bacon your whole life, and there were maybe 100 sets of identical twins where 1 ate bacon for every meal and 1 never ate bacon and everything else was the same, then you might be able to draw a conclusion.  It could very well just be that people who smoke like bacon more than the average population, or any number of millions of other things.  Maybe people who eat bacon don't like to exercise as often as people who don't eat bacon.  I don't dispute that there may be a study out there somewhere that shows that people who eat bacon don't live as long, but that doesn't necessarily mean that bacon is the cause of the shorter life span.  I remember 20 years ago they used to say eggs where bad for you.  Now I think they are saying that eggs are good for you.  What happened?  Did our bodies "evolve" into efficient egg processing machines in 20 years?  No, egg farmers got together and funded their own research.  Too many so called scientists like to make huge leaps in logic to support the theory they are trying to prove.
Yep. Folks that eat scads of bacon probably have other tendencies leading to poor health. Perhaps in such a hurry to eat the bacon they do not let it drain on paper towels. Walk in front of buses while daydreaming about more bacon. We should all meet up at Shoney's breakfast bar to discuss it further. BTW, if given a last meal,--crispy bacon and chocolate chip cookies (gallon of ice cold whole milk) would work.

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
Leroy
Coach E. B. Beaumont

Leroy

View Profile
« Reply #22551 on: March 08, 2013, 05:51:14 AM »

Laughing

Yep. Folks that eat scads of bacon probably have other tendencies leading to poor health. Perhaps in such a hurry to eat the bacon they do not let it drain on paper towels. Walk in front of buses while daydreaming about more bacon. We should all meet up at Shoney's breakfast bar to discuss it further. BTW, if given a last meal,--crispy bacon and chocolate chip cookies (gallon of ice cold whole milk) would work.

Applause E-Cred

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #22552 on: March 08, 2013, 10:41:07 AM »

Laughing

The study was funded by the Turkey Bacon Association of America.  HTH.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Leroy
Coach E. B. Beaumont

Leroy

View Profile
« Reply #22553 on: March 08, 2013, 11:09:14 AM »

Laughing

The study was funded by the Turkey Bacon Association of America.  HTH.

Laughing  Applause E-Cred

cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2889

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #22554 on: March 09, 2013, 05:21:38 PM »

Laughing

I like how you think. 

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #22555 on: March 10, 2013, 09:22:50 PM »

Ya'll better start that last meal early.  At 9 minutes per slice you won't make it to the appointed time.

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #22556 on: March 11, 2013, 06:27:25 AM »

Ya'll better start that last meal early.  At 9 minutes per slice you won't make it to the appointed time.
If only we could select which "9 minutes" to deduct.

ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5063

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #22557 on: March 11, 2013, 02:28:42 PM »

This sounds like the last supper. Now with 9 mins. to go, that would be getting close. rofl, RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #22558 on: March 13, 2013, 06:39:52 AM »

This sounds like the last supper. Now with 9 mins. to go, that would be getting close. rofl, RTR!

20 seconds off?

Leroy
Coach E. B. Beaumont

Leroy

View Profile
« Reply #22559 on: March 13, 2013, 07:39:48 AM »

20 seconds off?

Huh? Bacon seeds?  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 1500 1501 1502 1503 [1504] 1505 1506 1507 1508 ... 3917   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 542
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0