Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 1537 1538 1539 1540 [1541] 1542 1543 1544 1545 ... 3917   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD***  (Read 13028550 times)
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #23100 on: August 02, 2013, 06:04:31 AM »

Good morning. Coffee
My coffee sure taste better this morning, maybe the excitement of Bama football has something to do with it.
My tractor saga is still ongoing, I took the fuel tank off and it's getting a coating of epoxy on the inside to prevent the rust from ever happening again. The big problem is I have to put it back on the tractor. I like to have never got it off and I can only imagine what it will be like putting it back on. I've got a bunch of nuts and bolts that have to fit somewhere.
New in 2013: Cell-phone cameras help with these matters.  Take pics as you disassemble.  Better than relying on memory.

Guess it's too late now.  Maybe I'll come over and help.  Any extra nuts and bolts will disappear into my pockets; keeps you from worrying.  

Good idea about the camera, that will help in future tasks. I will be replacing the old nuts and bolts with new ones, I like to have never got some of them off.

Maybe it's time for this, J.
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #23101 on: August 02, 2013, 06:06:46 AM »

... be like putting it back on. I've got a bunch of nuts and bolts that have to fit somewhere.
New in 2013: Cell-phone cameras help with these matters.  Take pics as you disassemble.  Better than relying on memory.
Guess it's too late now.  Maybe I'll come over and help.  Any extra nuts and bolts will disappear into my pockets; keeps you from worrying.  
Good idea about the camera, that will help in future tasks. I will be replacing the old nuts and bolts with new ones, I like to have never got some of them off.

Torque wrench.

Edit:

Fire Hose
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 06:13:50 AM by Chechem » Logged

Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #23102 on: August 02, 2013, 06:37:01 AM »

Good morning. Coffee
My coffee sure taste better this morning, maybe the excitement of Bama football has something to do with it.
My tractor saga is still ongoing, I took the fuel tank off and it's getting a coating of epoxy on the inside to prevent the rust from ever happening again. The big problem is I have to put it back on the tractor. I like to have never got it off and I can only imagine what it will be like putting it back on. I've got a bunch of nuts and bolts that have to fit somewhere.

Maybe it's time for this, J.

Don't think that didn't cross my mind. Laughing

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #23103 on: August 02, 2013, 06:40:16 AM »

Don't think that didn't cross my mind. Laughing
Notice that the owner parked it outside the barn.  HTH

pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6111

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #23104 on: August 02, 2013, 07:54:16 AM »

Arghhhh, I'm tiring of changing forums to read updates.   Banging your head against the wall.
Congrats, 2, on your anniversary.  I think 32 is a record!
Thanks guys. Chech, J is way ahead of Mrs. 2 and I.
I agree about the daily thread. SC, are there any real objections to putting this back in the quad? It was always a great lead-in to starting the day before discussing football.
Well, congrats to J also.  And condolences to your wives.

You're pretty perceptive about the forum comment, 2.  
SC, I'd appreciate it if you'd consider having it back on page 1.  And I (for one) will work to ensure that we talk football at least once daily (between rain showers).

What about politics and religion? Should we put that in the Quad too?

I don't recollect politics and religion EVER being on the Quad.

Politics have been in the Quad and in Ferguson many times. SC and others always politely reminds us to put them in the proper forum.
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2961

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #23105 on: August 02, 2013, 09:26:27 AM »

HLMD...I live on the west bank of the Flint River near Bainbridge, GA, on the north side of Lake Seminole in southwest Georgia.  Hopefully, I'm not affecting NALT's fishing too much.

Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs 2...hope y'all have at least another 32 happy years together  Applause E-Cred

There's obviously more than one Flint River.  NALT can rest easy.
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #23106 on: August 02, 2013, 09:59:10 AM »

Arghhhh, I'm tiring of changing forums to read updates.   Banging your head against the wall.
Congrats, 2, on your anniversary.  I think 32 is a record!
Thanks guys. Chech, J is way ahead of Mrs. 2 and I.
I agree about the daily thread. SC, are there any real objections to putting this back in the quad? It was always a great lead-in to starting the day before discussing football.
Well, congrats to J also.  And condolences to your wives.

You're pretty perceptive about the forum comment, 2.  
SC, I'd appreciate it if you'd consider having it back on page 1.  And I (for one) will work to ensure that we talk football at least once daily (between rain showers).

What about politics and religion? Should we put that in the Quad too?

I don't recollect politics and religion EVER being on the Quad.

Politics have been in the Quad and in Ferguson many times. SC and others always politely reminds us to put them in the proper forum.

My apologies, pmull, I took it as "President's Mansion" and "Canterbury Chapel" specifically. I misunderstood you.
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #23107 on: August 02, 2013, 10:16:48 AM »

HLMD...I live on the west bank of the Flint River near Bainbridge, GA, on the north side of Lake Seminole in southwest Georgia.  Hopefully, I'm not affecting NALT's fishing too much.

Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs 2...hope y'all have at least another 32 happy years together  Applause E-Cred

There's obviously more than one Flint River.  NALT can rest easy.

We call it Flint Creek. I drive over it everyday going from Decatur to Hartselle.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #23108 on: August 02, 2013, 10:22:01 AM »

I've been thinking about the issue of where to put this thread some more.  It seems about half the forum wants it in the Quad, and the other half wants it in Ferguson.  So regardless of where I put it, a lot of people aren't going to be happy.

But I think I have a solution that will make everyone happy.  It will require a little software engineering work on my part, but I think it will be worth it.  Basically, I am going to give each person the ability to create their own personal sticky topics, or favorite topics if you prefer.  There will be two types of these personal stickies:  1) global sticky and 2) board sticky.  The global sticky will be shown at the top of every board on the site, while the board sticky will only be shown at the top of the board it was posted to.

These work the same way as other sticky topics, but they are custom for each poster.  So if one guy makes a topic a personal sticky, it will only be sticky for that guy.  Everyone else will not see it as a sticky.  Of course moderators can still create sticky topics that show up for everyone, just as today.  This seems like a pretty useful feature in and of itself to allow people to customize the site to their liking and make all of their favorite topics easy to find.

The global sticky can be used to resolve the debate about where this topic belongs.  Chech, J, 2, and others who would like to see it in the Quad so they can get to it easier will be able to make it a personal global sticky.  Then, not only would it show up in the Quad, it would show up at the top of every board on the site for the ultimate in posting convenience.  MD, pmull, and everyone else who doesn't do that will still see the thread down in Ferguson, where it belongs according to the official site rules.

Unfortunately I don't have any magic pixie dust that I can sprinkle on the server to make this happen immediately.  However it shouldn't be that big of a project.  I could probably do it on a Saturday without too much trouble.  I will try to work on it the next time the rain keeps me from working outside.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #23109 on: August 02, 2013, 10:45:35 AM »

I've been thinking about the issue of where to put this thread some more.  It seems about half the forum wants it in the Quad, and the other half wants it in Ferguson.  So regardless of where I put it, a lot of people aren't going to be happy.

But I think I have a solution that will make everyone happy.  It will require a little software engineering work on my part, but I think it will be worth it.  Basically, I am going to give each person the ability to create their own personal sticky topics, or favorite topics if you prefer.  There will be two types of these personal stickies:  1) global sticky and 2) board sticky.  The global sticky will be shown at the top of every board on the site, while the board sticky will only be shown at the top of the board it was posted to.

These work the same way as other sticky topics, but they are custom for each poster.  So if one guy makes a topic a personal sticky, it will only be sticky for that guy.  Everyone else will not see it as a sticky.  Of course moderators can still create sticky topics that show up for everyone, just as today.  This seems like a pretty useful feature in and of itself to allow people to customize the site to their liking and make all of their favorite topics easy to find.

The global sticky can be used to resolve the debate about where this topic belongs.  Chech, J, 2, and others who would like to see it in the Quad so they can get to it easier will be able to make it a personal global sticky.  Then, not only would it show up in the Quad, it would show up at the top of every board on the site for the ultimate in posting convenience.  MD, pmull, and everyone else who doesn't do that will still see the thread down in Ferguson, where it belongs according to the official site rules.

Unfortunately I don't have any magic pixie dust that I can sprinkle on the server to make this happen immediately.  However it shouldn't be that big of a project.  I could probably do it on a Saturday without too much trouble.  I will try to work on it the next time the rain keeps me from working outside.

Applause E-Cred That will fix the problem. I bet we can find something else to complain about.  Wink
2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #23110 on: August 02, 2013, 10:49:21 AM »

Applause E-Cred That will fix the problem. I bet we can find something else to complain about.  Wink

No doubt.

Much appreciation, SC. J, Chech and I will pad your e-cred account.  Wink
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #23111 on: August 02, 2013, 11:29:12 AM »

Sounds like a perfect fix, SC.  Thanks.

It's not just laziness on my part (well, sometimes), but I'm tired of jumping forums when discussing topics with several people each morning.  Keep in mind, I'm typing with one hand while drinking coffee.  As a result, I've pretty much only been posting on Daily Thread; just a minor hassle.  Your idea should solve it for everyone.

You've moved up on the popularity chart ahead of Prince Georgie.  
 Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred Applause E-Cred

ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5063

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #23112 on: August 02, 2013, 11:32:24 AM »

Hey SC, whatever you decide to do is fine with me. I will stand with your decision. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2889

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #23113 on: August 02, 2013, 12:53:08 PM »

Don't think of it as complaining. Think of it as creative disagreement.  Wink

By the way, I like the solution, SC.  Applause E-Cred

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #23114 on: August 02, 2013, 06:52:05 PM »

I've been thinking about the issue of where to put this thread some more.  It seems about half the forum wants it in the Quad, and the other half wants it in Ferguson.  So regardless of where I put it, a lot of people aren't going to be happy.

But I think I have a solution that will make everyone happy.  It will require a little software engineering work on my part, but I think it will be worth it.  Basically, I am going to give each person the ability to create their own personal sticky topics, or favorite topics if you prefer.  There will be two types of these personal stickies:  1) global sticky and 2) board sticky.  The global sticky will be shown at the top of every board on the site, while the board sticky will only be shown at the top of the board it was posted to.

These work the same way as other sticky topics, but they are custom for each poster.  So if one guy makes a topic a personal sticky, it will only be sticky for that guy.  Everyone else will not see it as a sticky.  Of course moderators can still create sticky topics that show up for everyone, just as today.  This seems like a pretty useful feature in and of itself to allow people to customize the site to their liking and make all of their favorite topics easy to find.

The global sticky can be used to resolve the debate about where this topic belongs.  Chech, J, 2, and others who would like to see it in the Quad so they can get to it easier will be able to make it a personal global sticky.  Then, not only would it show up in the Quad, it would show up at the top of every board on the site for the ultimate in posting convenience.  MD, pmull, and everyone else who doesn't do that will still see the thread down in Ferguson, where it belongs according to the official site rules.

Unfortunately I don't have any magic pixie dust that I can sprinkle on the server to make this happen immediately.  However it shouldn't be that big of a project.  I could probably do it on a Saturday without too much trouble.  I will try to work on it the next time the rain keeps me from working outside.

:Thank you
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 07:27:46 PM by Chechem » Logged

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
Pages: 1 ... 1537 1538 1539 1540 [1541] 1542 1543 1544 1545 ... 3917   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 228
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0