Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 2743 2744 2745 2746 [2747] 2748 2749 2750 2751 ... 3916   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD***  (Read 13014849 times)
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #41190 on: March 30, 2018, 06:05:52 AM »

I wish I could join you, Chech. Breddy and grandson are heading back to P'cola tomorrow, so I've got lots to catch up on with work next week. Send pics when you can.

We got some rain last night, but nothing heavy. Supposed to be nice for the rest of the weekend. I think Mrs 2  and I will decompress. 
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #41191 on: March 30, 2018, 06:15:25 AM »

Good morning, both.   

NALT, glad you didn't get the kind of rain we got.  My rain gauge totaled 3.1" over 2 days.  That's a lot.

But today it'll be better; partly cloudy and slight chance of rain.  Sunny tomorrow.

Discovered yesterday that I have a tire losing air.  Close inspection showed a Phillips-screw head sticking out.  So today I need to find a pacle that repairs such.

Enjoy your holidays, guys.  I'm thinking about heading down to the beach again early next week.  It will be in the 70s along the coast.

Shops are getting more and more selective about what type of tire damage they will repair.  If it's not in the perfect spot and a clean, straight puncture, you probably won't be able to get anyone to mess with it.
N.AL-Tider
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 3191

N.AL-Tider

View Profile
« Reply #41192 on: March 30, 2018, 06:18:45 AM »

Good morning, both.   

NALT, glad you didn't get the kind of rain we got.  My rain gauge totaled 3.1" over 2 days.  That's a lot.

But today it'll be better; partly cloudy and slight chance of rain.  Sunny tomorrow.

Discovered yesterday that I have a tire losing air.  Close inspection showed a Phillips-screw head sticking out.  So today I need to find a pacle that repairs such.

Enjoy your holidays, guys.  I'm thinking about heading down to the beach again early next week.  It will be in the 70s along the coast.

Shops are getting more and more selective about what type of tire damage they will repair.  If it's not in the perfect spot and a clean, straight puncture, you probably won't be able to get anyone to mess with it.
True!  However, I recently found a local "Mom & Pop" used tire store that was willing to fix a tire that had two holes in it.  I had tried to plug the tire before I found out there was the second hole but it wouldn't hold air.  I didn't want two plugs that close together either...

"Play by play, that’s how we win here."

Eddie Jackson  Dec. 2016
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #41193 on: March 30, 2018, 06:26:25 AM »

Good morning, both.   

True!  However, I recently found a local "Mom & Pop" used tire store that was willing to fix a tire that had two holes in it.  I had tried to plug the tire before I found out there was the second hole but it wouldn't hold air.  I didn't want two plugs that close together either...

Thanks guys.  There are at least 3 pacles in Oxford that I know can do it.  The real issue is TODAY IS A HOLIDAY.

2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #41194 on: March 30, 2018, 06:36:14 AM »

I picked up a screw last week in P'cola. I bought my Michelin tires 6 months ago at Pep Boys. I took it in and they said it was too close to the sidewall. I had road hazard, but they were still going to charge me for re-mounting and some other crap. I pitched a fit and they came down from $119 to $58. I will NEVER use them again. Last time I had a road hazard situation, it covered everything.

So this is my public service announcement: STAY AWAY FROM PEP BOYS!!!
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #41195 on: March 30, 2018, 06:50:02 AM »

I picked up a screw last week in P'cola. I bought my Michelin tires 6 months ago at Pep Boys. I took it in and they said it was too close to the sidewall. I had road hazard, but they were still going to charge me for re-mounting and some other crap. I pitched a fit and they came down from $119 to $58. I will NEVER use them again. Last time I had a road hazard situation, it covered everything.

So this is my public service announcement: STAY AWAY FROM PEP BOYS!!!

Thanks for the advice.  I will avoid them (not that there's one here). 

These are the original tires that came with the car (bought last May).  My buddy who owned a tire store retired a year ago and sold his business, so I can't go there any more (as I used to).  Bought several sets of tires from him over the past 3 years (trailer, both our cars). 

The screw is in the middle of the tire, so it should be easy.  I have a do-it-yourself PLUG REPAIR kit, so I could do it myself if necessary.  I've done that before, but I'd like to save that option for emergencies.  Last time it cost just $10 for a plug.

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #41196 on: March 30, 2018, 06:58:07 AM »

BTW, I had a dr appointment yesterday.  Sat in the waiting room for an hour and 15 minutes for a 10AM appt.  Get this; the doctor apologized for the delay.  Said they double booked him for a 9:30 appt.  Good doctor.  He's the one I had last year when I was in the hospital.

Anyhow, they took blood and such, and he told me some news:

1.  I had already gotten a shingles vaccine, BUT THERE'S A NEW ONE.  YOU SHOULD GET BOTH.

2.  I already had gotten a pneumonia shot, BUT THERE'S A NEW ONE.  YOU SHOULD GET BOTH (one year apart).

True and free advice.   Kiss

2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #41197 on: March 30, 2018, 07:00:04 AM »

BTW, I had a dr appointment yesterday.  Sat in the waiting room for an hour and 15 minutes for a 10AM appt.  Get this; the doctor apologized for the delay.  Said they double booked him for a 9:30 appt.  Good doctor.  He's the one I had last year when I was in the hospital.

1.  I had already gotten a shingles vaccine, BUT THERE'S A NEW ONE.  YOU SHOULD GET BOTH.

2.  I already had gotten a pneumonia shot, BUT THERE'S A NEW ONE.  YOU SHOULD GET BOTH (one year apart).

How else are they supposed to make money? 
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #41198 on: March 30, 2018, 07:06:27 AM »

You could sell knives.   

2Stater
President Denny

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #41199 on: March 30, 2018, 07:21:01 AM »

You could sell knives.   

Too honorable. 
Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #41200 on: March 30, 2018, 08:32:25 AM »

BTW, I had a dr appointment yesterday.  Sat in the waiting room for an hour and 15 minutes for a 10AM appt.  Get this; the doctor apologized for the delay.  Said they double booked him for a 9:30 appt.  Good doctor.  He's the one I had last year when I was in the hospital.

1.  I had already gotten a shingles vaccine, BUT THERE'S A NEW ONE.  YOU SHOULD GET BOTH.

2.  I already had gotten a pneumonia shot, BUT THERE'S A NEW ONE.  YOU SHOULD GET BOTH (one year apart).

True and free advice.   Kiss

The new shingles vaccine is pretty pricey.  Hope your bloodwork comes back aces.
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6111

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #41201 on: March 30, 2018, 08:43:54 AM »

It has been a difficult week for me. We get Good Friday off and I can use the three day weekend.

On Monday the exhaust fan in our Master Bath caught on fire. Lucky my wife was at home and got the fire department here before too much damage was done. The exhaust fan shot straight down like a rocket and destroyed the porcelain toilet. A lot of bathroom ceiling damage and smoke everywhere. She caught it early so there was no serious structural damage in the attic or a burn hole in the roof. We were lucky. The good news is Servpro starts Monday and they will clean our entire house. They clean the walls, floors, ceiling and all furniture. They will take our clothes and linens to be cleaned. After they are done we get to remodel our bathroom for $1000 deductible. We have been wanting to do that anyway. All in all I feel very fortunate this was not much worse.

Yesterday I had cataract surgery. I have been putting it off for a while but it was getting worse so I decided to do it. They did my worst eye first. It has been about 24 hours and it is already amazing how much better my vision is. I go back to have the other eye done next Wednesday. I am hoping I will only need reading glasses when this procedure is complete. Even if I still need glasses at least I will be able to see my golf ball flight again.

I cannot imagine how much this week would cost me if I was not insured.

Happy Easter to everyone! 
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5063

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #41202 on: March 30, 2018, 10:54:10 AM »

Well shoot another day at home with Mrs Dottie and we are both still trying to get over this stuff. You all be safe. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #41203 on: March 30, 2018, 11:18:48 AM »

It has been a difficult week for me. We get Good Friday off and I can use the three day weekend.

On Monday the exhaust fan in our Master Bath caught on fire. Lucky my wife was at home and got the fire department here before too much damage was done. The exhaust fan shot straight down like a rocket and destroyed the porcelain toilet. A lot of bathroom ceiling damage and smoke everywhere. She caught it early so there was no serious structural damage in the attic or a burn hole in the roof. We were lucky. The good news is Servpro starts Monday and they will clean our entire house. They clean the walls, floors, ceiling and all furniture. They will take our clothes and linens to be cleaned. After they are done we get to remodel our bathroom for $1000 deductible. We have been wanting to do that anyway. All in all I feel very fortunate this was not much worse.

Yesterday I had cataract surgery. I have been putting it off for a while but it was getting worse so I decided to do it. They did my worst eye first. It has been about 24 hours and it is already amazing how much better my vision is. I go back to have the other eye done next Wednesday. I am hoping I will only need reading glasses when this procedure is complete. Even if I still need glasses at least I will be able to see my golf ball flight again.

I cannot imagine how much this week would cost me if I was not insured.

Happy Easter to everyone!  

OMG, mull, that's horrible.  Like you, just glad everyone is okay and insurance covered it.  Those little motors in exhaust fans have gotten cheap, and I've never trusted them.  Sounds like you'll be watching that from now on too.

Glad your first surgery went well.  Hope you're able to see well again soon.  Maybe you can help us spot those dolphins that cruise the beach; we need extra eyes!

@HL :  Hoping Medicare covers the shingles vaccine; if not, prolly worth it anyhow.

Hannibal Lecter, MD
Coach Wallace Wade

Hannibal Lecter, MD

View Profile
« Reply #41204 on: March 30, 2018, 12:03:03 PM »

@HL :  Hoping Medicare covers the shingles vaccine; if not, prolly worth it anyhow.

My parents were told last week that Medicare would not cover it.  I can't remember how much my Mom mentioned it was, but I was thinking $250ish.
Pages: 1 ... 2743 2744 2745 2746 [2747] 2748 2749 2750 2751 ... 3916   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 259
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0