Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 ... 436 437 438 439 [440] 441 442 443 444 ... 3917   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***CRIMSON RED DAILY THREAD***  (Read 13054149 times)
ssmith general
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 1460

Male

ssmith general

View Profile
« Reply #6585 on: May 11, 2011, 07:12:23 PM »

I spent a year impersonating a college student about 45 minutes north of there in Brevard.

Today was hot.  

A 'deal was worked out with the client to allow me to repair the damaged building after hours (to avoid paperwork, qualification to repair a building and all of the other gov bs).  I patched it up today, but if they will let me I will just repacle that sheet metal.  I got the 2x4 back into pacle and nailed, so the structure is good.

Did I mention it was hot today?  I dont know what the humidity was but we were over 90 degrees and couldnt buy a breeze.  My guys are in Tyveks.  I am going to buy them an EZ up tomorrow for a present.

They dont have the booty and hood version, but yep.  I told them to cut slits in the back of them today.  'Safety field call', the heat risk far outweighed the possibility of being splashed with barely contaminated dirt on their back.

cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2889

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #6586 on: May 11, 2011, 07:15:04 PM »

Definitely was hot. I was off today, so took little cbbama99 to the playground at Langan Park. After about 30 minutes, the old man was ready to find some shade and a cool breeze. The four-year-old in charge would have nothing of it and insisted in playing in the sun for another 20-25 minutes. This may not sound like so much to some of you guys who are out in the heat a lot, but for an overweight, mid-30s, sedentary, pasty white dude like myself, it was awful. Now everyone who works harder than me can resoundly e-slap me.

You've got to get in shape.  Now that the comps are done, hop to it.  Football season is just 3 months away, so you'd better get started.  We expect tip-top adequately-in-shape patrons here.  Grin

"Yes I Can! Yes I Can!"

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #6587 on: May 11, 2011, 07:16:07 PM »

Definitely was hot. I was off today, so took little cbbama99 to the playground at Langan Park. After about 30 minutes, the old man was ready to find some shade and a cool breeze. The four-year-old in charge would have nothing of it and insisted in playing in the sun for another 20-25 minutes. This may not sound like so much to some of you guys who are out in the heat a lot, but for an overweight, mid-30s, sedentary, pasty white dude like myself, it was awful. Now everyone who works harder than me can resoundly e-slap me.

You've got to get in shape.  Now that the comps are done, hop to it.  Football season is just 3 months away, so you'd better get started.  We expect tip-top adequately-in-shape patrons here.  Grin

"Yes I Can! Yes I Can!"

In truth, you'll be happier.  And you can do it for the kids.

cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #6588 on: May 11, 2011, 07:17:43 PM »

"Yes I Can! Yes I Can!"

I know, and I agree. For me, its really hard to break 33 years or so of habit (i.e. sodas and sugary snacks), but I also know that it is all on me to do something about it. I keep trying, every day.

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #6589 on: May 11, 2011, 07:18:56 PM »

Smitty, yes I know you invented pacle.  I have explained it to many patrons with full credit to the author (mostly in TS, then Wooly, then here).  It outranks all unique semantics on the forums (fora), just ahead of pron.

ssmith general
Coach Frank Thomas

Male

ssmith general

View Profile
« Reply #6590 on: May 11, 2011, 07:19:18 PM »

"Yes I Can! Yes I Can!"

Not saying CB is an overeater.  But true over eaters have a terrible addiction.  Imagine being an alcoholic, but having to have "some" just to live.  I have always had a great deal of respect for over eaters in recovery, and anyone who loses a large amount of weight for that matter. 

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #6591 on: May 11, 2011, 07:21:05 PM »

You've got to get in shape.  Now that the comps are done, hop to it.  Football season is just 3 months away, so you'd better get started.  We expect tip-top adequately-in-shape patrons here.  Grin

"Yes I Can! Yes I Can!"

In truth, you'll be happier.  And you can do it for the kids.

I know, and I agree. For me, its really hard to break 33 years or so of habit (i.e. sodas and sugary snacks), but I also know that it is all on me to do something about it. I keep trying, every day.

Spend money if necessary, join a group, do something.  It only gets harder as you get older.

If all else fails, move to Mississippi.  We lead the nation and would welcome another obese citizen.  Grin

Seriously, people who love you shouldn't have to worry.  But it's really only about you.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 07:22:38 PM by Chechem » Logged

cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #6592 on: May 11, 2011, 07:23:07 PM »

"Yes I Can! Yes I Can!"

Not saying CB is an overeater.  But true over eaters have a terrible addiction.  Imagine being an alcoholic, but having to have "some" just to live.  I have always had a great deal of respect for over eaters in recovery, and anyone who loses a large amount of weight for that matter. 

Let me say that I would not be what you would call morbidly obese. I weigh about 220 and stand about 5'9, so I have a spare tire, so to speak. I do think I have an addiction to sodas, and sugary snacks are a bane as well. My problem is that there are so few fruits and veggies out there that I like that it is hard for me to eat better. I guess it is all about holding your nose and eating them anyway.

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #6593 on: May 11, 2011, 07:23:28 PM »

and

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #6594 on: May 11, 2011, 07:26:54 PM »

If the fruit isn't incentive enough, check out this.  It took me quite a while to find a pic that I could post without total gross-out.

BTW, I'm 6'3" and 218 (and am overweight).

ssmith general
Coach Frank Thomas

Male

ssmith general

View Profile
« Reply #6595 on: May 11, 2011, 07:27:26 PM »

You've got to get in shape.  Now that the comps are done, hop to it.  Football season is just 3 months away, so you'd better get started.  We expect tip-top adequately-in-shape patrons here.  Grin

"Yes I Can! Yes I Can!"

In truth, you'll be happier.  And you can do it for the kids.

Spend money if necessary, join a group, do something.  It only gets harder as you get older.

If all else fails, move to Mississippi.  We lead the nation and would welcome another obese citizen.  Grin

Seriously, people who love you shouldn't have to worry.  But it's really only about you.

I would recommend 12 step, it works.

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #6596 on: May 11, 2011, 07:29:12 PM »

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #6597 on: May 11, 2011, 07:33:03 PM »

"Yes I Can! Yes I Can!"

Let me say that I would not be what you would call morbidly obese. I weigh about 220 and stand about 5'9, so I have a spare tire, so to speak. I do think I have an addiction to sodas, and sugary snacks are a bane as well. My problem is that there are so few fruits and veggies out there that I like that it is hard for me to eat better. I guess it is all about holding your nose and eating them anyway.
None of us actually like that crap.

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #6598 on: May 11, 2011, 07:34:11 PM »

"Yes I Can! Yes I Can!"

None of us actually like that crap.

I feed it to the birds, then burn calories by trying to get pics of them eating it.

Chechem
President Denny

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #6599 on: May 11, 2011, 07:41:04 PM »

*****SURVEY*****

What are you eating right now?

Me = Peeps.  The last of the Easter candy.

Pages: 1 ... 436 437 438 439 [440] 441 442 443 444 ... 3917   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 309
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0