Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 24 Hour Rule: Florida Gators Are Up Next  (Read 4928 times)
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2011, 05:15:44 PM »

OK guys, let's turn our attention to the Gators.  What do you think?

I have not seen any of their games this year, but on paper they seem to have dominated everybody.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6111

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 05:29:46 PM »

Florida has been impressive so far:

Florida Atlantic 41-3
UAB  39-0
Tenn  33-27
Kentucky 48-10

They will have a fired up crowd. We should win but we will need to play well and not turn the ball over. A quick start to take the crowd out of the game would be nice.

The early line has Alabama a 6 point favorite.
2Stater
President Denny

E-Cred: 7921

Male

2Stater

Kazowie!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 05:32:04 PM »

Muschamp got 'em in prime shape, it would seem. They will be pumped at home, but I don't see the talent there that Bama has. They have speed at some skill positions, but if we show up like we did against Arky, no contest IMO. I see a fairly low scoring game, maybe 24-13 Bama.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 05:39:52 PM »

I just looked at their schedule.  They haven't played anybody yet.  Their toughest opponent so far has been a home game against Tennessee that they won 33-23.  So I think we will be in good shape.  It will be a tough road game (all of them are in the SEC) but I think we will win if we stay focussed and don't make stupid mistakes.  The teams they dominated were Florida Atlantic (yes the team that just played Auburn), UAB, and Kentucky.

If we make it through this game the whole rest of October should be pretty easy for us with a slate of games against the SEC bottom feeders.  I only look ahead and mention that to make this point:  the team should not get caught looking past Florida because there isn't any serious competition for another month when we play LSU.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 05:43:26 PM »

And another thing, they go to LSU right after we leave.  That is a tough stretch for them.  They may come out nervous and tight.

rueben
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 2005

rueben

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 05:46:28 PM »

We keep Rainy and Demps contained, and keep mistakes to a minimum, Bama wins.

Course all that is much easier said than done.

Brantley will be abused worse than Tyler Wilson.

I have a feeling that by this time next week they will give Brantley a cloth doll and ask him to show them, "where the bad man touched him."

Hopfully all of our guys hit the cold tubs last night / today, and are getting ready to go.

BAMADCHAMPSHIPS
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 3378

Male

BAMADCHAMPSHIPS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 05:47:26 PM »

I think we will probably see UF again in the SEC CG.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 05:53:20 PM »

I don't know, USCe has a much easier schedule.  I think they may have a better team than USCe, but they have to play us then at LSU the following week.  USCe doesn't play Alabama or LSU this year unless they make it to Atlanta.

BAMADCHAMPSHIPS
Coach E. B. Beaumont

E-Cred: 3378

Male

BAMADCHAMPSHIPS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 05:58:07 PM »

I don't know, USCe has a much easier schedule.  I think they may have a better team than USCe, but they have to play us then at LSU the following week.  USCe doesn't play Alabama or LSU this year unless they make it to Atlanta.

I think USCe will slip up a couple of times. I think they lose to Ark/UF and maybe Dan will come through with a miracle.
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 05:59:57 PM »

I watched part of the Florida-Tennessee and Florida-Kentucky games.  There are several salient points.

1.  Their O-line is stout.  They protect the QB and open holes for RBs.  They had 405 yards rushing vs Kentucky.  That's a lot, no matter the opposition.  We didn't do that against our weak opponents.

2.  They depend on speed, not power, for the RBs.  They like to get them into open space with short passes (screens, swings, etc), delays, and end runs.  I think we match up well with their strength in this regard; we have the speed to limit their running game, but expect them to have some success.  They have incredible speed; best we'll face.

3.  Their passing game is suspect, but I'm sure we'll see their best (always do).  They have plenty of talent at WR, etc.  They just haven't needed it much yet.

4.  Their defense has plenty of talented players.  They'll be able to match up with us and play havoc with our running game.  Arkansas was banged up; these guys are talented and healthy.  Easley is young, but a real talent.  The other talent is Floyd (I had to look up his name).  Floyd is the DT who was suspended earlier.  We should be able to wear them down, but expect a war.

5.  Kicking game.  THEY HAVE SPEED EVERYWHERE.  They can win with it. 

6.  Florida is at home.  That'll be a plus for them.  I don't expect us to be favored by more than a TD (but what do I know about betting -  ).

Start worrying now.  Use your fingernails.  If we get past these guys it'll be easy cruising until LSU.  Here's hoping.  Roll Tide.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 06:04:26 PM »

I think USCe will slip up a couple of times. I think they lose to Ark/UF and maybe Dan will come through with a miracle.

You might be right.  If they lose both of those I think Florida will go to Atlanta with 2 losses and the head to head win.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 06:08:30 PM »

I watched part of the Florida-Tennessee and Florida-Kentucky games.  There are several salient points.

1.  Their O-line is stout.  They protect the QB and open holes for RBs.  They had 405 yards rushing vs Kentucky.  That's a lot, no matter the opposition.  We didn't do that against our weak opponents.

2.  They depend on speed, not power, for the RBs.  They like to get them into open space with short passes (screens, swings, etc), delays, and end runs.  I think we match up well with their strength in this regard; we have the speed to limit their running game, but expect them to have some success.  They have incredible speed; best we'll face.

3.  Their passing game is suspect, but I'm sure we'll see their best (always do).  They have plenty of talent at WR, etc.  They just haven't needed it much yet.

4.  Their defense has plenty of talented players.  They'll be able to match up with us and play havoc with our running game.  Arkansas was banged up; these guys are talented and healthy.  Easley is young, but a real talent.  The other talent is Floyd (I had to look up his name).  Floyd is the DT who was suspended earlier.  We should be able to wear them down, but expect a war.

5.  Kicking game.  THEY HAVE SPEED EVERYWHERE.  They can win with it. 

6.  Florida is at home.  That'll be a plus for them.  I don't expect us to be favored by more than a TD (but what do I know about betting -  ).

Start worrying now.  Use your fingernails.  If we get past these guys it'll be easy cruising until LSU.  Here's hoping.  Roll Tide.

Good scouting report.  I just trimmed my fingernails, but that is OK.  I'm not going to worry about this one.  Our team has the right attitude, which makes the difference between 12-2 or 10-3 and 14-0.

#1Tidefan
Grad Student

E-Cred: 119

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 06:10:34 PM »

We keep Rainy and Demps contained, and keep mistakes to a minimum, Bama wins.

Course all that is much easier said than done.

Brantley will be abused worse than Tyler Wilson.

I have a feeling that by this time next week they will give Brantley a cloth doll and ask him to show them, "where the bad man touched him."

Hopfully all of our guys hit the cold tubs last night / today, and are getting ready to go.

I'll have to agree...the 'Swamp' is a whole different atmosphere, but we WILL 'plan'...'adapt' and 'overcome'...RTRx2
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 06:13:06 PM »

Was it Demps or Rainy that was on the highlight reel last night running right past the UK defenders?  They had the right angle but he just ran right past them like they were walking.

Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 06:19:51 PM »

If Bama could defense Tebow and company and beat them, they shouldn't have any problem putting together a defense for this group. All Bama has to do is score.

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 411
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0