Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Penn State and Joe Paterno: Tarnished Forever By Sandusky Scandal  (Read 8997 times)
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 983

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2011, 09:29:57 AM »

Click here for link

Gravity of scandal will weigh heavily

By Thursday, Happy Valley was behind bars.

Everyone here is trapped, and they always will be. Penn State is going to be known for this scandal forever.

Mention Kent State, and people forever will think about the shooting in the 1960s. That school put buildings on top of the site, tried to hide it, forget about it.

But it can’t get out from under it.

And from now on, Paterno and Penn State will be under this.

It isn’t just them. Assistant coach Mike McQueary is trapped, too. He had the misfortune of reportedly witnessing one of the crimes that Sandusky is alleged to have committed. Then, McQueary ran out, called his father and waited until the next day to tell Paterno what he had seen.

He didn’t even help the boy at the time.

Paterno knew of an allegation about Sandusky with a boy in the shower in 1998. When another allegation came in 2002, his conscience should have insisted that he do something. He told his boss, the athletic director.

As you know by now: No one at Penn State called the police.

Sandusky went on working at his charity for disadvantaged and vulnerable kids.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:16:11 AM by Coach Hank Crisp » Logged

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 12:50:55 PM »

See, a big part of student pride at Penn State is wrapped up in having a winning football team doing things right behind a legendary coach. This scandal tears at the students’ identity, which is probably the real reason they pseudo-rioted Wednesday night.

The students, with few exceptions, haven't even realized how bad this will be for Penn St.  All they wanted was their "look at me" UTUBE moment. They wanted to be on TV taking a stand. Taking a stand for or against what, they were yet to be sure.

Their age group is down on Wall Street, ranting about income redistribution, thinking they are deserving of other peoples money. But if you ask if they are willing to turn their all "As" report card into a "B" average to help out the ones with "Ds" or "Fs" they flip out. The "Me" generation is only out for one thing--themselves.

So when they learn their resumes might take a hit along side Penn State, they'll be screaming, "Not Fair" at the top of their lungs. It is not fair. But LIFE is not fair. Deal with it!

The woman and I have tried to place ourselves in their position. We have decided we would pull our kids from school. The only disagreement between us, is she would rather they finish the fall semester (if that is what they are on). Remove them from school and let the administration know why, on the way out. I am so thankful we are not in that position.  

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 01:36:26 PM »

"Serenity now...ad infinitum."  Lips Sealed

ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5063

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 01:52:07 PM »

See, a big part of student pride at Penn State is wrapped up in having a winning football team doing things right behind a legendary coach. This scandal tears at the students’ identity, which is probably the real reason they pseudo-rioted Wednesday night.

The students, with few exceptions, haven't even realized how bad this will be for Penn St.  All they wanted was their "look at me" UTUBE moment. They wanted to be on TV taking a stand. Taking a stand for or against what, they were yet to be sure.

Their age group is down on Wall Street, ranting about income redistribution, thinking they are deserving of other peoples money. But if you ask if they are willing to turn their all "As" report card into a "B" average to help out the ones with "Ds" or "Fs" they flip out. The "Me" generation is only out for one thing--themselves.

So when they learn their resumes might take a hit along side Penn State, they'll be screaming, "Not Fair" at the top of their lungs. It is not fair. But LIFE is not fair. Deal with it!

The woman and I have tried to place ourselves in their position. We have decided we would pull our kids from school. The only disagreement between us, is she would rather they finish the fall semester (if that is what they are on). Remove them from school and let the administration know why, on the way out. I am so thankful we are not in that position. 

Applause E-Cred, WV I think your exactly right. My compliments and I have to e-cred you on this. RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 01:59:13 PM »

The students, with few exceptions, haven't even realized how bad this will be for Penn St.  All they wanted was their "look at me" UTUBE moment. They wanted to be on TV taking a stand. Taking a stand for or against what, they were yet to be sure.

Applause E-Cred, WV I think your exactly right. My compliments and I have to e-cred you on this. RTR!
Back at ya! Applause E-Cred Here is one for Chech. I've never seen a cat versed in latin.

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 02:01:35 PM »

"Serenity now...ad infinitum."  Lips Sealed
Congratulations on hitting 1000. I'd give you an e-cred but I've already signed off.

Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 02:10:39 PM »

Click here for link

Penn State Scandal Impacts High School Recruits:

Greer H.S. Linebacker No Longer Considers Playing For Penn State

GREER, S.C. -- The Penn State fallout is having a trickle-down effect on high school football recruiting.

Ranked last year by ESPNU as the 26th linebacker prospect in the country, Ah Ching said he was paid a visit by Penn State's former assistant coach, Jerry Sandusky.

“He came to my last spring game going into my senior season. He liked how I moved, laterally, and how gifted I am,” said Ah Ching.

But days after Sandusky was charged with sexually abusing young boys, leading to the firing of football coach Joe Paterno and university President Graham Spanier, Ah Ching scratched Penn State off his list of where he'd continue his football career.

“It's very devastating to have a top-tiered program and have them drop like that,” said Ah Ching. “That really did play a big impact on where I wanted to go.”

Otto Ah Ching, Adam’s dad, supports his decision

Sandusky was still recruiting last spring!

carl childers
Grad Student

E-Cred: 349

Male

carl childers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 03:11:20 PM »

Penn State Scandal Impacts High School Recruits:

Greer H.S. Linebacker No Longer Considers Playing For Penn State
GREER, S.C. -- The Penn State fallout is having a trickle-down effect on high school football recruiting.

Ranked last year by ESPNU as the 26th linebacker prospect in the country, Ah Ching said he was paid a visit by Penn State's former assistant coach, Jerry Sandusky.

“He came to my last spring game going into my senior season. He liked how I moved, laterally, and how gifted I am,” said Ah Ching.

But days after Sandusky was charged with sexually abusing young boys, leading to the firing of football coach Joe Paterno and university President Graham Spanier, Ah Ching scratched Penn State off his list of where he'd continue his football career.

“It's very devastating to have a top-tiered program and have them drop like that,” said Ah Ching. “That really did play a big impact on where I wanted to go.”

Otto Ah Ching, Adam’s dad, supports his decision

A quote by Ah Ching:

Saban about the 2011 Alabama defense: "They are a hateful bunch..."
MLB10
Senior

E-Cred: 115

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 05:07:12 PM »

still recruiting???  That's nuts. 

I really liked all the Kent State community did in regards to the Tuscaloosa tornadoes, but the shootings ARE the first thing I think when I hear "Kent State" and I wasn't even born then.  Not that I harbor ill feelings toward Kent State people...but he's right, this will ALWAYS stay with Penn State.  It's a shame for the good people mixed up in the bad situation.  If the other rumors bear true and the university was involved, there might not even be a Penn State after this. 

Oh, and this is way worse than what SMU did and they got the death penalty.  If they used children to get booster money then....

Can you bust them for "lack of institutional control" if they were totally in control but just plain EVIL???
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 05:27:50 PM »

still recruiting???  That's nuts.  

I really liked all the Kent State community did in regards to the Tuscaloosa tornadoes, but the shootings ARE the first thing I think when I hear "Kent State" and I wasn't even born then.  Not that I harbor ill feelings toward Kent State people...but he's right, this will ALWAYS stay with Penn State.  It's a shame for the good people mixed up in the bad situation.  If the other rumors bear true and the university was involved, there might not even be a Penn State after this.  

Oh, and this is way worse than what SMU did and they got the death penalty.  If they used children to get booster money then....

Can you bust them for "lack of institutional control" if they were totally in control but just plain EVIL???

NCAA president Emmert said they are staying out of it. It's criminal.

Yeah I still relate "Kent State" to the Viet Nam war protests.

Makes the song "Ohio" by CSNY come to mind.

"Four Dead in Ohio"
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 05:31:59 PM by Coach Hank Crisp » Logged

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 05:49:52 PM »

still recruiting???  That's nuts. 

I really liked all the Kent State community did in regards to the Tuscaloosa tornadoes, but the shootings ARE the first thing I think when I hear "Kent State" and I wasn't even born then.  Not that I harbor ill feelings toward Kent State people...but he's right, this will ALWAYS stay with Penn State.  It's a shame for the good people mixed up in the bad situation.  If the other rumors bear true and the university was involved, there might not even be a Penn State after this. 

Oh, and this is way worse than what SMU did and they got the death penalty.  If they used children to get booster money then....

Nothing to do with NCAA.

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 07:47:33 PM »

Right now--PSU students defending JoPa--O'Reilly. Fox News

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 07:59:47 PM »

Right now--PSU students defending JoPa--O'Reilly. Fox News
Those poor, confused young girls. They feel Joe Paterno has been tried without knowing the facts. Has he not had all week to enlighten us as to why he is not a monster? Is he satisfied with being fired and labeled an enabler of a child rapist? Maybe these girls haven't a Father to explain to them.

Sad

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 07:26:45 AM »

PSU statement: "Tonight we got closure", speaking of their candlelight vigil last night. They just do NOT get it. An observance for the victims in place of the pep rally. How many people would have attended had there not been a game tomorrow? 500?

Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 08:42:55 AM »

BFeldmanCBS Bruce Feldman
RT A bomb threat was called in to Beaver Stadium. The school says that nothing was found after search (H/T @DirtColeman)
6 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

CFBLIVE ESPN CFB LIVE
#Nebraska WR Kenny Bell RT @KBellJr80: Youd think we were traveling with prez obama with the type of security around us
15 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Retweeted by @CecilHurt

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 165
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0