Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alabama football team eager to bounce back and ring Bulldogs' bell  (Read 5418 times)
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 983

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2011, 05:59:51 AM »

Click here for link

Alabama senior nose guard Josh Chapman, shown during the fourth quarter of a 9-6 overtime loss to top-ranked LSU, is confident that the Crimson Tide will bounce back Saturday at Mississippi State. (The Birmingham News/Mark Almond)

TUSCALOOSA -- To hear Josh Chapman talk, you'd think Ivan Pavlov conducted his classic conditioning experiments with Mississippi State Bulldogs.

"Playing down there at Starkville, those cowbells are going to ring," Alabama's senior nose guard said of tonight's 6:45 p.m. game today at Davis-Wade Stadium. "When those guys hear those cowbells ringing, that's when they get their edge.

"But we're pumped up, too."

You were thinking this team might suffer from a hangover? The third-ranked Crimson Tide (8-1, 5-1 SEC) is coming off a 9-6 overtime loss to top-ranked LSU.

"We're past it," Chapman said. "We took a loss, and it's time to move on to the Bulldogs and finish this campaign up strong."

Losses have been rare for Alabama in the past four seasons. Only once in that 50-game span has the Tide lost consecutive games. It followed a loss to Florida in the 2009 SEC championship game with a Sugar Bowl loss to Utah. That was 37 games ago.

"We can't let it affect us, or it'll turn into another loss," Tide safety Robert Lester said of the loss.

Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 06:06:30 AM »

It's good to hear the players address this game as that, "it's over and we lost, time to move on". 

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 06:39:42 AM »

It's good to hear the players address this game as that, "it's over and we lost, time to move on". 
I hope they are waaaay more focused than we have been this week.

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
pmull
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 6111

Male

pmull

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 06:51:37 AM »

I imagine the coaching staff worked the team pretty hard this week after the loss to make sure they were focused. I would be more concerned with this game if we were coming off a win.
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 06:54:55 AM »

I wonder what movie they watched last night.  Huh?

BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 06:56:33 AM »

I imagine the coaching staff worked the team pretty hard this week after the loss to make sure they were focused. I would be more concerned with this game if we were coming off a win.
I sure hope you are right. I don't feel we can lose--but hate to win "ugly".

Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 09:02:14 AM »

I sure hope you are right. I don't feel we can lose--but hate to win "ugly".

Bama needs to control this game from the outset and run up a few points, but State won't make it easy for them, but I sure do wish they would.  Wink

MLB10
Senior

E-Cred: 115

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 09:22:04 AM »

well i'm just sick.  I found out tonight during the game I have to be at my oldest son's baseball game.  Who schedules these things???  Hubby is president of the little league- fat lot of good that did me!  Guess I will be checkin' on the innernetz.  Sad part is my son will probably ride the pine most of the time.

SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 09:40:45 AM »

well i'm just sick.  I found out tonight during the game I have to be at my oldest son's baseball game.  Who schedules these things???  Hubby is president of the little league- fat lot of good that did me!  Guess I will be checkin' on the innernetz.  Sad part is my son will probably ride the pine most of the time.

Hmmm... Thinking

Did he do this on purpose so he wouldn't have to watch the beat down?

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 10:16:56 AM »

Hmmm... Thinking

It is definitly grounds for a divorce!  Wink

MLB10
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 10:41:53 AM »

Hmmm... Thinking

I think you are onto something.
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 03:38:30 PM »

I hate those little dawgs, yapping and nipping at your ankles.

MLB10
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 04:57:15 PM »

Well my nephew is going there right now- Sophomore.  He gets a pass because he is in pre-vet and it is close enough he can drive home to his job at the vet clinic on the weekend and that gives him a better shot at getting in the vet school.  His other southeastern vet school choices are the barn and tennessee- He is definitely choosing the lesser of the evils.  Still roots for Bama and has a Bama A on his car.  By the way, if he cut down 1 pine tree he could see every game in Davis Wade on the MegaJumboTron from his dorm room Smiley  Paging Harvey???   Smiley
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 05:44:09 PM »

Well my nephew is going there right now- Sophomore.  He gets a pass because he is in pre-vet and it is close enough he can drive home to his job at the vet clinic on the weekend and that gives him a better shot at getting in the vet school.  His other southeastern vet school choices are the barn and tennessee- He is definitely choosing the lesser of the evils.  Still roots for Bama and has a Bama A on his car.  By the way, if he cut down 1 pine tree he could see every game in Davis Wade on the MegaJumboTron from his dorm room Smiley  Paging Harvey???   Smiley
Our daughter is in Vet school at LSU. She didn't get into Auburn. The problem was not her testing/GPA, but that they only take a limited # of students from each state. The #1 and #2 GPA's at WVU BOTH chose Auburn. Ours never considered Miss St. because of Starkville, which is odd for her to take anything like that into account. But she loves horses and LSU is big on horses-- my statement, not hers.

Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 983

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 05:50:12 PM »

Our daughter is in Vet school at LSU. She didn't get into Auburn. The problem was not her testing/GPA, but that they only take a limited # of students from each state. The #1 and #2 GPA's at WVU BOTH chose Auburn. Ours never considered Miss St. because of Starkville, which is odd for her to take anything like that into account. But she loves horses and LSU is big on horses-- my statement, not hers.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 537
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0