Marshal Dillon Marshal Dillon
E-Cred: 3072
bamaphil bamaphil
E-Cred: 2962
Hannibal Lecter, MD Hannibal Lecter, MD
E-Cred: 2961

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So is there any chance Okie st Jumps Bama?  (Read 9106 times)
Jamos
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5801

Male

Jamos

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 02:30:16 PM »

What is supposed to be so big and great about beating Oklahoma that would project Ok State to move so high in the polls. Has everyone forgotten who beat Oklahoma at their home field this year, Texas Tech and just who else has Texas tech beaten. Now pray tell me who Texas Tech could beat in the SEC, maybe Ole Miss and they might have to take it to overtime to do that.

“There were no arguments, those are called ass-chewings,” . Coach Nick Saban
Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 02:31:33 PM »

Not just No, but H E double hockey sticks NO!

If you look at the one loss:
Bama's was in OT against the #1 team.
Stanford's was against Oregon.
VT's was against Clemson.  Although VT is playing better now, it's the ACC.
OSU lost to an unranked team.  At home.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 02:34:18 PM by Catch Prothro » Logged
BAMAWV
Coach Nick Saban

E-Cred: 2454

BAMAWV

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 02:42:59 PM »

Miss St. would give 'em all they want! It'd take 'em 4 qtrs. to get out of Starkville with a W.

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

E-Cred: 5654

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 02:56:35 PM »

The OSU loss was an away game, but your points are still valid.  They were still favored by 28 points.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5063

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 03:27:18 PM »

I've actually looked at what the polls say and the voices that be on ESPN. No they can't jump us.
Also Matt Millen said on College Football Live that he voted for Andrew Luck for Heisman winner. (I know I should have a link and I will hunt one.) RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 03:32:16 PM »

I've actually looked at what the polls say and the voices that be on ESPN. No they can't jump us.
Also Matt Millen said on College Football Live that he voted for Andrew Luck for Heisman winner. (I know I should have a link and I will hunt one.) RTR!

I heard him say it too ricky.

"The same thing win, that always won... and we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose"
ricky023
President Denny

E-Cred: 5063

Male

ricky023

To Be One Ask One

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 03:37:19 PM »

I heard him say it too ricky.

Thank you SC. I actually thought he seemed a bit brash in making an advertisement for Mr. Luck. I thought public advertisement was wrong. JMHO! RTR!

John 15:5
"The Preacher"
"Rangers Lead the Way"
1/75th Rangers
NancyLovesBama
Sophomore

E-Cred: 48

Female

NancyLovesBama

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 08:20:11 PM »

NO!!
http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20111128/SPORTS/111280304/Guilbeau-Book-LSU-vs-Alabama-national-title

It is unfair in a way that LSU has to play a team it has already beaten for the national championship. But that's tough. It just so happened, no one else like Oklahoma State, Stanford, Oregon, etcetera, could get through a similar schedule as Alabama's with only one loss.
Last paragraph in article i will not quote . LSU Slant  Shocked
. Wrinkled nose with tongue sticking out( my discernible bias)
Catch Prothro
Coach Gene Stallings

E-Cred: 5215

Catch Prothro

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 10:27:41 AM »

NO!!
http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20111128/SPORTS/111280304/Guilbeau-Book-LSU-vs-Alabama-national-title

It is unfair in a way that LSU has to play a team it has already beaten for the national championship. But that's tough. It just so happened, no one else like Oklahoma State, Stanford, Oregon, etcetera, could get through a similar schedule as Alabama's with only one loss.
Last paragraph in article i will not quote . LSU Slant  Shocked
. Wrinkled nose with tongue sticking out( my discernible bias)
Well you have to love their confidence, even if it is removed from reality.
jtide
Junior

E-Cred: 626

jtide

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2011, 11:13:18 AM »

The two best teams should play for the championship.  The end.  Anything else is just other people wanting to make it into something else because they want their favorite team to play.  Bama and LSU have two of the best defenses I've seen in my lifetime and excellent offenses, (regardless of what critics think, the numbers don't lie).  This should make one of the best "slobber knockin'" contest we will ever see. But, can Ok. state jump Bama?  I don't know, just had a soapbox moment instead of answering the question.
Chechem
President Denny

E-Cred: 7228

Chechem

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2011, 11:18:22 AM »

The two best teams should play for the championship.  The end.  Anything else is just other people wanting to make it into something else because they want their favorite team to play.  Bama and LSU have two of the best defenses I've seen in my lifetime and excellent offenses, (regardless of what critics think, the numbers don't lie).  This should make one of the best "slobber knockin'" contest we will ever see. But, can Ok. state jump Bama?  I don't know, just had a soapbox moment instead of answering the question.

There is a writer from Oklahoma being interviewed on Jox radio now.  He says he'd vote for Alabama as the best team.  He also said that Okla State is finally a healthy team this week, and he expects them to blow Oklahoma out this weekend.

jtide
Junior

E-Cred: 626

jtide

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2011, 11:24:07 AM »

There is a writer from Oklahoma being interviewed on Jox radio now.  He says he'd vote for Alabama as the best team.  He also said that Okla State is finally a healthy team this week, and he expects them to blow Oklahoma out this weekend.

Well, after Texas Tech beat Oklahoma, I guess anything is possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.  I'm glad that writer is not delusional about Bama being number two. 
Coach Hank Crisp
Coach Frank Thomas

E-Cred: 983

Coach Hank Crisp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2011, 11:31:28 AM »

Published on Sunday!

Click here for link

Alabama closes case on BCS title game

By Pat Forde, Yahoo! Sports
1 hour, 14 minutes ago

AUBURN, Ala. – In the climactic Apollo Creed-Rocky Balboa fight scene in “Rocky,” the fighters clung to each other after the bell in mutual admiration and exhaustion.

Nick Saban and the Tide have proven they are the only team worthy of meeting LSU for the BCS title.

Alabama and LSU punched each other’s lights out in Tuscaloosa on Nov. 5, and at the end of that 9-6 alley fight, neither battered side probably would have relished a rematch. But now they have one, Jan. 9 in the Superdome. The BCS national championship will be at stake.

The league will win its sixth consecutive national title by default after wiring the title game with both entrants. If America already was fatigued by Dixie’s football superiority complex, well, sorry. Open wide for a large spoonful of some more.

And thanks to its 42-14 clubbing of Auburn, Alabama can sit out next Saturday and feel secure of its place in the title game. None of the other one-loss teams out there – Oklahoma State, Stanford, Boise State, Virginia Tech – can match the Crimson Tide’s resume. Nor can unbeaten Houston.

“I feel like we kind of showed the world we are national championship contenders,” Alabama linebacker Dont’a Hightower said. “I want to play anybody, but I would much rather play LSU in the national championship game.”

Bama-LSU II. Bring it on.

cbbama99
Coach Wallace Wade

E-Cred: 2889

Male

cbbama99

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2011, 11:43:14 AM »

Published on Sunday!

Click here for link

Alabama closes case on BCS title game

By Pat Forde, Yahoo! Sports
1 hour, 14 minutes ago

AUBURN, Ala. – In the climactic Apollo Creed-Rocky Balboa fight scene in “Rocky,” the fighters clung to each other after the bell in mutual admiration and exhaustion.

Nick Saban and the Tide have proven they are the only team worthy of meeting LSU for the BCS title.

Alabama and LSU punched each other’s lights out in Tuscaloosa on Nov. 5, and at the end of that 9-6 alley fight, neither battered side probably would have relished a rematch. But now they have one, Jan. 9 in the Superdome. The BCS national championship will be at stake.

The league will win its sixth consecutive national title by default after wiring the title game with both entrants. If America already was fatigued by Dixie’s football superiority complex, well, sorry. Open wide for a large spoonful of some more.

And thanks to its 42-14 clubbing of Auburn, Alabama can sit out next Saturday and feel secure of its place in the title game. None of the other one-loss teams out there – Oklahoma State, Stanford, Boise State, Virginia Tech – can match the Crimson Tide’s resume. Nor can unbeaten Houston.

“I feel like we kind of showed the world we are national championship contenders,” Alabama linebacker Dont’a Hightower said. “I want to play anybody, but I would much rather play LSU in the national championship game.”

Bama-LSU II. Bring it on.

E-cred to Pat Forde.  Cheesy

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
SUPERCOACH
Coach Bear Bryant

Male

SUPERCOACH

"Let's go."

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2011, 10:39:12 AM »

OK, I just read the article.  Guess how many facts are in there?  Exactly 1:  Alabama currently leads Oklahoma State by 0.084 in the BCS standings.  Well I suppose another fact is that Oklahoma State has another game.  But everything else is strictly opinion, with nothing to support it.  First of all, he declares that OSU will win Saturday.  Oh really?  Maybe they will, maybe they won't.  Let's play the game and find out.  But even if they do win, he offers no details as to how this would allow them to pass Alabama.  NONE.  Just because he wants it to happen doesn't mean that it will.  Brad Edwards on the other hand, (you know, the BCS GURU for ESPN) has crunched the numbers and says that it is practically a done deal.

But unlike that guy on Bleacher Report, I will give you a possible scenario that would allow OSU to pass Alabama.

1.  Va Tech loses to Clemson, and drops in the polls.  Va Tech is peaking at the right time and is 7 1/2 point favorite to win their rematch.  Meanwhile Clemson is falling apart at exactly the wrong time.

2.  OSU blows out OU by such a large margin that the pollsters decide to jump them ahead of Stanford even though Stanford didn't even play.  Remember, Stanford has only lost one game too, and that was a much more respectable loss to Oregon.  If any other team besides Alabama goes, it should be Stanford, not OSU, in my opinion.

3.  Not only would OSU have to pass Stanford in the polls, they would have to be a unanimous #3 because the BCS takes into consideration how many points you get in the polls, not simply what position you are in.  If they are #3 but only beat Stanford by a few points, it won't be enough.  Right now Stanford is 44 points ahead of them in the USA Today poll.  Alabama is 166 points ahead of OSU.  Stanford is another media darling, and it is very unlikely that they will lose that much ground to OSU when they don't even play.

So it is technically a possibility, but as you can see it is very unlikely for all of that to happen.  I just don't think the pollsters are going to overlook that horrible loss and move them that far ahead of Stanford to a unanimous #3 spot, even if they blowout Oklahoma and Va Tech loses.

Just to follow up on this:

1.  Va Tech did their part.
2.  OSU blows out OU.  Will the pollsters that had them behind Stanford jump them ahead of Stanford?  Doubtful, but we will see.
3.  According to Brad Edwards last night, if they are a unanimous #3 they still do not pass Bama.  They need to also pick up 40+ 2nd place votes to pass Bama.  This was assuming they were going to be a unanimous #2 in the computers, which we already know they are not.  They also need to pick up an extra 2nd place vote for every person that has Stanford ahead of them.

So it is still highly unlikely they pass Bama, even though everything went perfect for them yesterday.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Next Game

vs.

Day: Saturday
Date: 8/31/2024
Time: TBD
TV: TBD
Radio: Fun 92.7
Tuscaloosa, AL

* Who's Online
  • Dot Guests: 258
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0